Anyone seen their UI look like this? I’ve tried rebooting clearing caches different browsers etc etc.
Yes… looks like this at at work (maybe I should take the hint). That’s on a Firefox ESR browser. Layout looks OK on an Android phone, using Firefox, but it’s slow. (@codinghorror in case they’re unaware)
The opt-out for title headers seems to have disappeared, at least from a mobile layout. Other than that, I’m seeing the site normally.
Yeah. It looks fine on my iPhone. But my desktop is messed up on all browsers.
I can’t even see posts properly if they were images.
I was starting to think maybe this is just BB’s way of telling me not to be here anymore
I noticed today that I had to enable a new site, discourse-cdn-sjc4.com in NoScript.
I saw that, and doscurse-cdn-sjc3.com, but NoScript wasn’t blocking either… Since it’s the ESR version of Firefox at work, I guess that’s why it has some other version of NoScript? Anyway, at home, everything looks like it usually does (some hours later, so maybe someone fixed something in the meantime).
Yes, the site was moved to a new rack we just finished provisioning, so that new URL is expected. Previously it was in SJC3, now it is in SJC4.
Header opt-in/opt-out is restored and working fine in mobile layout. Thank you!
Same here. I had to enable that for like-hearts (and possibly other UI elements I didn’t notice missing) to show up.
So it is definitely something with BBS and my work firewall. My home computer and phone see the forum fine. And I checked other discourse based forums on my work laptop and they render fine.
So this past week BBS changed something that my employer doesn’t like.
I think it’s the same for me. BBS still doesn’t display right on work computer, and I tried different browsers. I have to assume they’re blocking some part of the BBS content (or, as you suggest, BBS changed to something that was already blocked), although usually I get a Web page that simply says “thus website is blocked” (or it will be embedded where an ad is supposed to be etc.)
Yet again this is the SJC3 → SJC4 move. Some CDN URLs changed.
I think that’s what is happening here. I tried accessing them independently. My work firewall is blocking the newer urls.
As of this afternoon, it’s working again from where I sit. (This morning, it was the same as before, so maybe my being out-to-lunch did the trick.)
Still borked for me.
Some systems consider new domain names suspect by default, which is understandable.
Granted my employer is one of the most conservative in a very conservative field.
So I’m not surprised. Just makes it more difficult for me to be on the bbs as I have to use mobile then.
Maybe it’s their way of getting me to be more productive!!
This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.