Cannot Load App

Strange. My laptop can’t access the BBS at all, I just see the message above. No problem on my phone, (except tininess.)

Is it just me? I think everything’s copacetic on my desktop at home.

2 Likes

I’m seeing this occasionally as well. I assumed it was caused by the proxy here throwing a fit.

1 Like

How often is this happening?

@codinghorror, any idea if this is a current known issue or not? I use the Discourse app myself on my phone and haven’t seen the same behaviour.

Do you use Privacy Badger? Anecdotally: I had that same problem (intermittently, agh!) until I disabled PB for this site. I’m using FF with Privacy Badger, never had it on Safari, ipad, or the stock android browser.

1 Like

UPDATE:

I’m at my office now, and have no problem. Looks like the store I was in was blocking the BBS.

3 Likes

It happens to me on all the devices where I’ve blocked bbs. So, for example, my company laptop. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yea, I’m self-employed. Neener neener neener.

1 Like

My Day Job™’s network blocks the Discourse shared hosting environment as well. Not sure why!

1 Like

I had this issue a month or so back on both my cell phone and my Kindle. I suspect it was partly a glitch on the WiFi network I was accessing, and partly caching issues. Clearing caches on both machines did the trick.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.