BBS Trip Advisor

Ah haha–got some excellent cold-brew coffee last visit from Speeder & Earl’s, and their t-shirt!

Love Pine Street. And the canal right near it. You’re right. It’s kinda a low key lovely piece of Burlington.

My goal among other things is to face plant into the piles of fresh organic produce.

[drool]

9 Likes

USAians: Any suggestions for destinations on the Georgia / South Carolina coast? Thinking of doing a road trip there around September or October. Will likely bring kayaks. Interested in food, music, art, history, nature, & relaxation (not necessarily in that order). What you got?

8 Likes

St. Simons Island in Georgia is a laid-back, old-school (and old money) resort island. I thought it was pretty cool and would have liked to spend more time there, but I was there for work and thus wasn’t paying the bills.

10 Likes

Cumberland Island is a must… Tybee is a bit more laid-back and working class than St. Simons (which is quite bougie)… same with Hilton Head, SC (which is worth visiting for the gullah/geechee history).

I’ve never done this, but it looks interesting…

10 Likes

7 Likes

Michelin is coming to town with its first-ever Philadelphia tourism guide

Apparently we’re the “Frenchest” city in the country — or so say the folks at “Le Guide Vert.”

6 Likes

Bien sûr! :wink:

France Bonjour GIF by Robert E Blackmon

7 Likes

Je m’appelle graveleux. Je vais gâcher ta journée !

7 Likes

Pretty sure the town motto ISN’T: laissez les bons temps rouler.

7 Likes

More French than NOLA?

7 Likes

Well, it’s very spread out in the region, here, too. Beyond Philly, the influence of the DuPont and other families extends into the suburbs, as well as Wilmington and the Brandywine Valley.

8 Likes

Perhaps they’re thinking of French vs. French Canadian?

I got no clue.

5 Likes

I’d been posting questions about places while we were traveling Europe the last few weeks, and thanks for all the input!
I got COVID as soon as we got home last week, and used some of my down time to draw a map of our trip, in case anyone is curious:

I have recommendations for every place named on the map :wink:
(Oh, and yes, Canada is still there, I’m just not very accurate.)

17 Likes

If anyone has plans to go to Taiwan, you can see how Dorothy Gambrell and her family’s trip there recently went over in her donation derby comic (I believe her husband, the excellent Mr. Chin, is either from there or his parents are from there):

https://catandgirl.com/dderby/

Here is the first post, and the trip goes up from there:

https://catandgirl.com/dderby/taiwan-connection-1908/

8 Likes

Bangkok spirit houses. .

And food

18 Likes

Someone ordered steak, fries, and a salad?

4 Likes

Ha, yes I see that there now. Lol. The steak was a Thai dish of some sort. The fries were ordered by a Thai woman who lives in Germany but is here visiting. The salad was a raw shrimp dish on a bed of greens.

8 Likes

Thanks for replying, you have satisfied my curiosity :smile:

5 Likes

Are you a sailor? Portsmouth, St. Malo and La Rochelle are very maritime destinations

10 Likes

In case she’s away from the computer today, I’ll answer:

One of the stated goals on this trip was that they would take a boat trip in every country/town they visited, whether a ferry, riverboat, sailboat, or cruise ship.

10 Likes