BBS Trip Advisor

Depending on when you’ll be there, it could be a good time to do some fishing. If the Squamish river isn’t blown out you could have a great time

3 Likes

There’s a delicious dish that’s characteristic of St. Louis’s Italian restaurants: flash fried spinach. It’s usually topped with parmagiano reggiano or asiago cheese. Crispy and light. It’s like superfood potato chips!

10 Likes

Interested Kim Kardashian GIF

3 Likes

Intriguing! I’ll definitely call around and see who serves that. :+1:

5 Likes

Go for the ones that keep it light on oil. If it’s too oily, it gets bogged down and loses the crispness.

6 Likes

Probably most of the places on the Hill.

Amaghetti’s makes the best sandwiches in STL, in my opinion.

“Toasted” (actually deep-fried) ravioli is a local treat.

Personally, I love it, but Imo’s pizza is not to everyone’s taste.

St. Louis BBQ is a joke.

6 Likes

It will be cold but that’s an option for resident species and steelhead. Thanks!

2 Likes

The water will be chilly, but the air should be pretty warm. It’s been increasingly lovely around here lately. I’ve seen some pictures from people who’ve been out that way recently and it looks like they had a good time catching searun cutts, bulls, and resident bows.

3 Likes

Good to know. Just as long as the snow holds up enough for skiing! I love catching sea-runs!

2 Likes

I’m looking to take a whale watching tour in the Puget Sound area in mid April and want the best chance to see Humpbacks. Anyone have any suggestions? I’m thinking Friday Harbor in the San Juan Islands looks best? But I don’t know. Maybe somewhere closer to Seattle is better?

5 Likes

no humpies in the sound. orca, yes. Friday Harbor would possibly offer more, but the trip would be long. gray whales are a maybe. don’t rrcall many humpback tours from when i lived there, but that was 30+ years ago.

4 Likes

Thanks The reports are that they’re returning. But I don’t know the extent.

How about Port Townsend for this? I have a friend who just moved there. Might be nice to grab dinner or brunch with him & his hubby.

5 Likes

PT is a lovely town and might be a shorter excursion. best of my recollection, they are outside the Juan de Fuca strait and further out in the ocean more.
surely some current residents of the PNW will have better info.i just don’t remember hearing about humpies any closer in.

4 Likes

I know it sounds crazy, but a few years ago when there was an epic anchovy migration, there were humpback whales in the Columbia River, almost as far as the Portland harbor.

Back to the Puget Sound and San Juan Islands, I was lucky enough to take an orca tour out of Friday Harbor that was amazing. We were guided by a marine biologist and she and the captain were very good about keeping respectful distance. I would highly recommend gray whale tours there, because you will see so many other amazing marine critters.

8 Likes

Cool. Do you remember which company you used? I see some with smaller boats. Which sounds like the way to go.

3 Likes

I had to look it up. Maya’s Legacy. They were great!

6 Likes

I was looking at them! Nice smaller boats!

Thanks, Duke!!!

5 Likes

@anon33932455 , wish you were here

12 Likes

You can’t just leave us hanging. Where were you tasting/touring?

7 Likes

Anchorage brewing.

https://anchoragebrewing.company/

9 Likes