Bear doesn't like the bear it sees in the mirror

Originally published at: Bear doesn't like the bear it sees in the mirror | Boing Boing

6 Likes

“Aaaagh, a bear!!”

Yeah, now you know what it feels like, buddy!!

27 Likes

It’s that asshole again!

4 Likes

“It’s this mirror! He hates this mirror!”

6 Likes

Perhaps he should ask him to change his ways.

4 Likes

man, i can sympathize with yogi, if i didn’t have to shave i’d never suffer looking in a mirror

2 Likes

I’ve seen robins fight their reflection to the death, but this is next level.

2 Likes

We should beware of reading our own emotions into animals, but…

“Well, this is quiet. Nothing going on here. Some sort of human thing over there. It doesn’t smell like food but AAH A BEAR! HOW? WHERE DID THEY COME FROM? THEY ARE IN FRONT OF IT? BEHIND IT? WHERE DID THEY GO? Ah-hah-hah-hah. Well, that was weird…”

I think the bear might have worked out what mirrors do if they had given it a few more seconds. Who sticks a mirror out in the woods anyhow? The person taking the video? If so, may their chair be too small, their bed be too hard, and their porridge too hot (traditional bear curse).

2 Likes

Probably not, only a few animals pass the mirror test.

2 Likes

I am not going there, putting the mirror back up, and marking the bear on the forehead with a red dot, so I have to take the website’s word for it. I can’t find whether anyone has tested bears, but here is a small polar bear seeing itself in the mirror…

2 Likes
2 Likes

in the bathroom - every morning - same thing

Yep… “who the hell is that? Buddy, you look like shit.”

• I have ONE mirror in my house, in the guest bathroom. Otherwise just not all that interested in looking at myself.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.