"Beastie Boys Story" drops in April, watch the first trailer

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/01/28/beastie-boys-story-drops-i.html

4 Likes
7 Likes
7 Likes

the film seamlessly mixes a live stage show and documentary to create a new format, a live documentary.

I mean…sure.

3 Likes

Didn’t they have all the ideas for Star Wars and everything?

No sleep till April!

3 Likes

I’m pretty sure I already saw this. It was called Popstar: Never Stop Never Stopping and was much funnier than I expected.

3 Likes
2 Likes
1 Like

“apple tv” ahh, thanks for letting us know we’ll need to find this on our favorite torrent tracker.

3 Likes

I’ll try that out. Thanks for the tip micah!

Just keep expectations low so they’re easy to exceed. It’s no Spinal Tap, but has some very funny moments (particularly all the real-life music star cameos).

I do love the Beastie Boys, but I still have to admit they had very average skills on both the mic and their respective instruments. They managed to carve out a unique position straddling the line between rap and rock, and I can’t help but think they also had a lot of luck, being in the right place at the right time and hooking up with the right people. Still, they meant a lot to me in my younger years and I have nothing but fond memories associated with their music.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.