Beautiful CGI animation of dewdrops

Originally published at: http://boingboing.net/2016/12/26/beautiful-cgi-animation-of-dew.html

It is truly lovely and even moving.

But one thing I’ve noticed in films like this (mood pieces, if you will), is that if you turn the music off, the mesmerizing effect drops from minutes to seconds.

As a tiny experiment, I’ve tried just turning off the music and watching and then closing my eyes and listening, and I’m a bit shocked to learn that I at least for me, when it comes to producing an emotional effect, the music is more important than the visuals.

Makes me wonder who should be getting the majority of the revenue from these videos.

3 Likes

Do insects, especially the ones that fly, hold still long enough for dew to form on them? I’ve never seen it, but that doesn’t mean it can’t happen.

1 Like

beautiful. amazing work.

the inch worm (caterpillar) needs a bit of tweaking. also the fluid dynamics isn’t responding to gravety quite right, i can’t put my finger on it exactly, but you’ll notice the large drops are too large and too spherical, they would deform more and fall before reaching some of those sizes.

really overall all very well done though. i loved the petal hitting the drop with the matrix like time freeze to show the beauty of that.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.