Beautiful Vermont house for sale also includes seven creepy jail cells

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/12/31/beautiful-vermont-house-for-sale-also-includes-seven-creepy-jail-cells.html

4 Likes

They don’t mention the attractive storage cabinet, perfect for storing duct tape, zip ties, and (of course) skin lotion.

13 Likes

I guess it would be a great place for someone to open a bdsm bed and breakfast.

20 Likes

The place looks lovely, but then hints that something is off-kilter start at picture #19 (that window looks like something out of the 1960s Batman TV series), then a little more weird around picture #24, and then at #30 – whoa!

6 Likes

“… featuring a commodious, and extremely secure, wine cellar.”

12 Likes

Whoa! The window is freaky!

7 Likes

Sold for $75k in 2018, and now they want $150k in 2021? The realtor is the one who should be locked up.

11 Likes

Ah I see we found the Addam’s family summer vacation house.

7 Likes

I am fine with the jail cells, but it is a little too close to New Hampshire for my taste.

12 Likes

Already a contingent offer on it. All of the northeast is flooding VT to get away from Covid and Live the Dream™.

8 Likes

Obligatory SNL Vermont sketch… https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nKcUOUYzDXA

3 Likes

That’s true.
Average home prices in Maine have gone up about 25% since this pandemic started.

4 Likes

Yup. I sold my old clunky New England house in 2013 and it took a YEAR to sell. Painful!!! If I were selling it now, I could probably sell it in a week and get another hundred thousand out of it. But the reality is if I was still living there I probably wouldn’t be selling it, due to the pandemic. It was way out in the sticks and away from people. Just us and all the critters.

3 Likes

Or for Mayberry cosplay.

Barney Skip rope

4 Likes

5 Likes

On person’s creepy is another person’s Saturday night.

4 Likes

That house is gonna need a LOT of work.

2 Likes

A decrepit wing of the house that’s all but closed off to visitors. How gothic!

(The chapter title is “Anne Radcliffe and the gothic tower of Hysteria”. Perfection itself.)

2 Likes

At least now we know where Fester and Uncle Knick-Knacks bunked.

2 Likes

So, a b&bdsm then?

6 Likes