Beauty tips for male Lego execs

Thought. A steel washer glued to a piece of lego, a small neodymium magnet glued into the posterior of the minifig?

Or a double-sided foam-core tape.

Maybe sheā€™s just a hitchhiker?

Hang on to yours!

I canā€™t say for sure, but Iā€™m not the only one who advocates such things.

Once the aluminum mold is created it is slotted inside an injection machine and the magic begins. ABS pellets are mixed with a dye and then poured into a hopper. A heating cylinder and reciprocating screw located inside the injection machine feeds the molten ABS into the mold via gates and channels, that then defines the final shape of the object.

Such a elegant description of 3D printing!

That companyā€™s going nowhere with a Gallagher and two Newt Gingriches on the board.

Thanks for the tip, I know somebody who is going to dig brickforge.

Not so much, actually. 3d printing is freeform deposition, the process starts differing when the plastic leaves the extruder nozzle; with injection moulding it flows through the runners into the mold under considerable pressure and stays flowable(ish) until the whole mould cavity is filled (and then is let to solidify), while with 3d printing the plastic is at ambient pressure once it leaves the nozzle, and cools almost immediately.

yeah, I was musing on the idea that 3d printed bricks wont have that grip.

Completely off topic, but I always get a contact exam, pop in a trial pair of contacts, then try on frames. Iā€™m -4.50.

OT, Lego, listen up. Drop this crap Friends line. All those Disney princess sets miss the mark because the sets are too simple to build, the minifigs are non-standard and thereā€™s stuff other than princesses that interest girls. Thereā€™s no reason you canā€™t make generalized sets with a wider range of colors. In fact, you do make general sets like that. What those sets lack is a decent variety of piece shapes. Lego City could easily be expanded to include a reasonable bakery, flower shop, resale shop, whatever. Cities are made of more than fire stations and police stations, you know. Oh, and more female minifigs in general, please.

All this girl ever wanted out of her Legos were more girl-hair pieces. That is literally all I needed to make everything I wanted.

5 Likes

The largest friends set is an 1120 piece shopping mall. Wrong scale for legoland, though.

Apparently, Mia owns a helicopter. Who knew?

Again, not a complex build, just a lot of pieces. Actually, now that Iā€™m looking at the age ranges Lego applies to these sets, I see another problem. Girls at age 5 are capable of putting together more complex sets than this, and girls at age 12 generally arenā€™t interested in stuff that looks like it was made for little kids. A better age range would be 4-8 for the Friends toys if Lego insists on keeping them in production.

Now, if youā€™ll excuse me, Iā€™m going to go over and covet the Millennium Falcon set. Iā€™m patiently awaiting the day I can justify blowing $140 on one single set. Crap, it was on sale for $111, but theyā€™ve gone out of stock!

At least theyā€™ve got the skinhead girls covered

They made several Falcons, didnā€™t they?

Yeah. The one theyā€™ve recently sold out on their site is a good one. Thereā€™s a tiny one meant for younger kids, but itā€™s not great.

Yikes! Lego 7695 is now retired, so forget sales. Think premia.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/items/?_nkw=LEGO+7965

1 Like

That sucks. Damn you, Lego. I resisted impulse purchasing that set, and now youā€™re punishing me with retiring it just before my kid is ready to get his hands on one. ::stompsoffpouting::

A mall? That is so 80ā€™s.

1 Like

To be totally fair, that last tip about curly hair being cut dry is one I certainly could have used. Might have saved me from a few unfortunate cuts by stylists who didnā€™t understand how curly hair works. No, please do not cut two inches off it wet, or it will be 5 inches shorter when itā€™s dry.