Because American Spectator editor likes scotch, weed must remain illegal

I have a theory that the spiritual experience has a whole lot to do with peeling back the layers and discovering what makes things tick, thereby becoming more connected to the fundamental source.

It works for science just as much as religion, although people with a predisposition towards both have more tendency to seek out a religion which tells you to ask questions, rather than one that gives answers…

Look up smug, self- satisfied prick in the dictionary, and you’ll see that same picture of the guy holding his chin up with his hand.

1 Like

I can’t believe no one else has done this yet…

Both drinking and pot smoking are “coping mechanisms,” he concedes, but pot is clearly more “civilized” because people can enjoy the taste, relax, find unexpected insights, and imbibe without getting “wasted” or aggressive. All this is either impossible or quite rare among alcohol consumers, SodiumLights asserts with the confidence of someone who has no idea what he’s talking about.

1 Like

Which time? There are so many of his op-ed pieces to choose from.

1 Like

Huh? Science is only about questions. That’s the point, really. Religion seems to be all about the easy answers, “god did it”, and “stop questioning and you won’t be so confused” are some examples. Where as Science says: “you have a questions, let’s discover the answers.”

The mainstream Abrahamic religions do. It’s all about accepting an ultimate authority saying “that’s how it is, because I said so”. Even then, it’s a way for people with limited capacity to feel connected to something greater than themselves.

Most of the more mystical traditions- Ceremonial Magick, Wicca, Hermetic Kabbala, certain branches of Hinduism and Buddhism- Are more about “this represents this other thing, which is symbolic of that, which is a metaphor for this bigger thing”. There’s an emphasis on looking deeper, finding connections, and figuring out what X really means. Like I said, appeals to someone who’s looking for something a little more intellectually engaging.

It’s also worth mentioning that religions which are up front about heavily relying on symbolism and metaphor tend to a little more tolerant of people who accept them as true in a allegorical sense, but don’t believe in them in a literal sense- You can be an atheist and still practice Ceremonial Magick purely as a psychological tool.

3 Likes

Yeah, like meditation, and yoga. It’s pretty hard to consider something religious when there’s no sacredness involved.

I enjoy going to thanks giving with my very religious family because, even though it’s a religious thing for them, I recognize the importance of recognizing the people and events in your life that you should be thankful for. It’s about not taking your loved ones for granted, and appreciating their place in your life. At least that how it is for me.

CBD is psychoactive. The way I see it; cannabinoids are psychoactive. THC is a cannabinoid, but there are many in cannabis, THC and CBD are more often heard about and I guess very abundant across strains, but not the only ones. If you mix different weeds together to make a salad mix, you get a larger spectrum of cannabinoid exposure and you get a different high to what you would consuming both strains individually.
I would imagine you would get high from enough cannabinoid medication, given the right dose to body size/level of tolerance, otherwise what is it actually doing?
Research chemical cannabinoids are often binding to receptors, and the results are fucked to experience, most naturally occurring aren’t selective in receptors and don’t bind. Much more pleasant and as medically beneficial as opiates, and equally difficult to offer commercially. It’s also likely other serotonin-like chemicals would be as beneficial, if not more so, for seizures. Psilocybin, I would guess, would be more beneficial than THC depending on the diagnosis, of course. But how do you go about recommending it? Too hard to do nowadays, which is why the multi-billion dollar poppy industry is still doing extremely well.

Ah yes programming while stoned. Yes a very high percentage of programmers smoke weed. Anyway he’s missing trick here? Scotch + weed is the way forward. I suggest a Glen Farclas 30 year old & Blue Berry Skunk.

The old piece of wisdom that states “Don’t judge others just because they sin differently than you do” my be something that useless old ass should consider. Drown in scotch if you want to but have the decency to keep your ignorant mouth shut about what someone else might choose to do.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.