Because F#CK you, metric system!

Let there be light.

8 Likes

12 Likes

I immediately had to look up haddock weight.

13 Likes

I was wondering who RB Haddock was…

8 Likes

Did he have a brother who went to sea?

16 Likes

Yeah, that’s well off. You’ve still got a decent safety margin if you somehow get 88 of the largest ever recorded haddock in there.

11 Likes

So maybe its BB, as in “Blistering Barnacles”

12 Likes

4 persons weighing 1000 kg? 250 kg each? That’s the size of 10 adult dogs! (And those are obviously demonic eggs!)

8 Likes

12 Likes

Seriously though, fuck ISO. Paywalled standards has just led to no one following them correctly.

8 Likes

7 Likes

“How many Danny DeVitos of plywood do you need to cover the windows for the upcoming storm?”

offended danny devito GIF

6 Likes

Are we using his skin surface area, or cross-sectional area?

5 Likes

Maybe a little harsh. But only a little

10 Likes

From

10 Likes

How often do you get to measure things in Neptunes? (Whole Neptunes, anyway. I mean, sure, you can always use some fraction of a Neptune, but—whole Neptunes?)

(edited for better word choice)

8 Likes

… it’s like being bilingual — we can do temperature in two different scales in our heads :face_with_monocle:

4 Likes

Well if we’re going to be all metric… then what’s this light year and AU thing?

The planet is 6.8 exameters from us and orbits 2.39 gigameters from its sun. It has a mass of 342 ronnagrams and a radius of 20 megameters.

4 Likes

Parks And Recreation Dancing GIF

Ron Swanson Smile GIF

7 Likes

I’m a little sad that ronna was picked for 10^27 instead of hella, but really, 10^27 isn’t big enough for hella.

Hella should clearly be 10^666, though we don’t have any units which would possibly use that large of a prefix. There aren’t even close to 1 hellamoles in the universe let alone 1 hellagram of matter, nor will the universe survive 1 hellasecond. Even immediately after the big bang, the density of the universe wasn’t even close to 1 hellagram per cubic meter.

9 Likes