Beer company scams people out of their money, calls it April Fools joke

Note to businesses: If your “April Fools ‘joke’” would, on any other day of the year, simply be a “scam,” it’s still a scam. Saying “April Fools!” afterwards doesn’t actually stop it from being a scam if you’ve taken money from people under false pretenses, nor does it stop legal action from being taken against your company.

10 Likes

I thought that was more of a margarita drinker’s thing?

3 Likes

Bier have always been questionable. Great product if you buy a one-off box, or their advent calendar. But as soon as they can get personal details from you, they’re like those old CD subscription services. This is really stupid of them, but not at all out of character.

3 Likes

it’s better than the idiot marketing for Bier Company in BB article:

1 Like

The war in Ukraine is causing prices to rise for everyone, not just Ukraine however.

2 Likes

I’d agree in many, maybe most, cases, but the old ThinkGeek April Fools joke products they made into real products were kind of funny - like the TonTon sleeping bag.

1 Like

A lot of them were “Shut up and take my money!!!” if they had ever actually been produced. I’m vaguely working on making the Star Trek white noise warp core generator using a Raspberry Pi and building the chassis myself.

3 Likes

“We are very sorry. We will cancel all unwanted subscriptions and refund everyone’s money.”

“By the way, it’s still April first! Zing!! Gotcha again! bwa ha ha ha ha…”

1 Like

The heating bills were due to go up some months before the Ukrainian war.

1 Like

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.