Bees added to Minecraft, finally

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/08/23/bees-added-to-minecraft-final.html

5 Likes

It’s always nice to see new stuff appear in vanilla Minecraft, but the Forestry mod has provided for all your bee needs for a long time.

(The Forestry bees don’t work in the Vivecraft VR mod, though.)

5 Likes

Oprah will be pleased!

moreoprahbees

13 Likes

Microsoft and bees…

3 Likes

My daughter last night: “Dad! I got to do a sneak peak for an update to Minecraft! …but it was just bees.”

Me:

5 Likes

Look, I’m sorry to pull out the obvious gif, but these things must be done, y’know.

9 Likes

I’m glad they finally did this. I remember when the Peaceful Pack was updated regularly. It was fun raising virtual bees and exploring caves for fossils. <3

2 Likes

In keeping with Minecraft’s rougueish leanings…

Hnnnnnnngh… must… not… drop… bad… make-up… pun…

2 Likes

lite-1

3 Likes

Counterpoint: the Forestry bees are bad and I don’t like them, and these bees seem good and I like them very much.

2 Likes

I do hope they are good bois, 10/10 will play if they’re friendly honey bees.

1 Like

They are! Confirmed as neutral mobs. (so like sheep, etc)

3 Likes

8 Likes

I am very curious for the background on why “bee” is in quotes here. Does he use some malformed cute kid word? Is he confusing bees for wasps?

2 Likes

6 Likes

Because all winged insects (and in fact anything conspicuously alive that’s smaller than a “worb”) are “bees”, so any attribution of cuteness to his apparent interest in bees reflects only adult sentimentality.

4 Likes

Your .mp4. is not a GIF.

2 Likes

That is a lot of valuable information about the bees, but what about the birds?

2 Likes

There are birds now too.

Don’t worry, bee happy.

1 Like