Before and after photos reveal impact of Houston flooding from Harvey

My parents are in the same situation, they havent been flooded yet, i asked them yesterday if they’ve moved anything important to the 2nd floor. They haven’t. Sigh. My parents have been very blase about the flooding and i don’t think they understand that this can very much happen this week, gunna call them shortly to see if i can get them to move whatever they dont want ruined upstairs while they still have time. If the house doesn’t get flooded then great but i’ve been worrying a lot these past few days.

Edit: Called them just now and the water in their neighborhood has receded almost entirely. So it does sound like everything’s alright, but there’s supposed to be more thunderstorms this weekend and i’m hoping it won’t be as bad.

5 Likes

And the folks who buy it …?

Good luck. This isn’t uncommon, properties still sell in New Orleans, Houston and other areas known for flooding. Likewise people still buy and move into areas known for other natural disasters.

I dunno. This seems a pretty shitty and unethical thing to do.

1 Like

Problems with a house are to be disclosed, i don’t know if this is the case everywhere but as far as i’m aware it’s the law. Also there’s quite a lot of areas that have a potential for natural disasters, you’ll be hard pressed to find something that has zero chance of something happening to the home. This is what insurance is for.

If thats all true then your coworkers daughter should just stay where she is, no?

In her particular case i would say no if it were up to me. From what my coworker says she suffers from an allergy to mold, and she was unable to move into her home until it was fully renovated and treated for mold spores. She would be smart to move into a home that has less of a repeated history of flooding, her neighborhood is notorious for it and there’s nearby areas that don’t have this problem so…

Thread:

2 Likes

Rich and Republican. What a surprise.

Yeah, never trust Red Cross. It’s a scam. At face value its hard to tell what charity will do the most good with whatever money you donate to them, that’s why it’s important to properly research or look for sites/people that have done the leg work for you.

Here in Austin there’s loads of local businesses and chains looking to help with the flood and aren’t even asking for money, they’re asking for items and/or food.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.