Behold the Lego tapas factory

Originally published at: Behold the Lego tapas factory | Boing Boing

4 Likes

One Question: Are the Legos themselves edible? 'Cause that’s what I was hoping for when I clicked on the link.

3 Likes

Falls into the deliciously uncanny valley between Rube Goldberg and usefulness.

5 Likes

Can I get extra cheesy garlic bread?

3 Likes

7 Likes

For those with a sweeter palate:

Just look at it.

12 Likes

eww… velveeta lego.
do. not. want.

3 Likes

In the world of robotic food preparation, there is one name that stands above all others.

8 Likes

Oh, I’d say it’s definitely on the Rube Goldberg side (to an extreme degree, no less). The only labor actually being saved is cutting the bread. Besides the bread, all the ingredients still need to be hand-cut, put together, speared with a toothpick and arranged within the device and so they don’t fall off the conveyor belts, which is probably more work than just putting them directly on the bread by hand. All of which requires a device that took so much time and labor to make (and probably maintain), that even if its use was, overall, labor-saving, and you could actually stomach using it (and waiting that long for it to do its thing) it will never, ever be less than the total labor spent cutting bread.

4 Likes

Love love love Simone Giertz’s stuff.

3 Likes

Borgesian snacks

1 Like

Call me a tapas snob, but what kind of tapas are you guys eating? Love the lego though. And it was a bit UB40 with a little drizzling of The Specials.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.