Ben and Jerry's has a Flavor Graveyard for the 'dearly de-pinted'

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/10/13/ben-and-jerrys-has-a-flavor.html

2 Likes

3 Likes

The graveyard is also for jokes beaten to death by companies that think they’re funnier than they are.

1 Like

Boooooo!!

6 Likes

Huh, Willie Nelson’s Country Peach Cobbler isn’t in the graveyard, but it sure never seemed to be in stores the past few years.

2 Likes

i’m still mourning the loss of schweddy balls.

3 Likes

I’m not sure how it could be done but ice cream with edible googly eyes would be something to watch out for in future flavors.

1 Like

The question will then become, just who is doing the watching.

2 Likes

I’m still sad they no longer make SNAFU (Strawberries all naturally fudged up.)

4 Likes

Got your back:

5 Likes

Resurrecting flavours?
That’s an ice-creme based Pet Sematary scenario.

3 Likes

You must be fun at parties.

5 Likes

Put in a good word for Cool Britannia. That flavor was amazing and I miss it every time I pass the freezer section.

1 Like

Apparently my favorite Ben and Jerry’s flavor was carelessly kicked into an unmarked grave, because I don’t even see it. :frowning:

EDIT: It’s not in the graveyard, but it did show up on the (very long) list of flavors when I actually went to fill out the resurrection request. I guess they have dozens of cancelled and seasonal flavors and only a few are noted.

2 Likes

They’ve been owned by Dutch conglomerate Unilever since 2000, though supposedly “independent.”

1 Like

Oh, Vermonty Python, how I miss you sniff.

Holy shit, it’s been gone for 10 years? Time to move on, maybe.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.