Ever wondered what's in a barf-flavored Jelly Belly?

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/06/16/ever-wondered-whats-in-a-barf-flavored-jelly-belly.html

3 Likes

Is it ironic for a barf-flavored Jelly Belly to make you actually barf?

Is it more authentically flavored at that point?

Why is the question mark the most fun punctuation?

6 Likes

Contributed by Jennifer Sandlin

5 Likes

For his 1981 Presidential Inauguration, Reagan shipped in 7000 pounds of Jelly Bellys! And by the end of his presidency, the company had shipped him 3.5 tons of the sweet snack!

You’re saying he never got any more, after the initial 112,000 ounces?

2 Likes

They say that whenever a headline asks a question, the answer is “no.”

6 Likes

If he didn’t get any more, that’s 0.17 stone per day

1 Like

The shortest distance between delicious and disgusting is the Jelly Belly Buttered Popcorn bean. The first few are SO GOOD. Then around number seven, eight, nine,… ten… they start to make you feel more than a little ooshy.

4 Likes

No. No, not at all, but thanks for asking. I guess…

3 Likes

I work at a marina and there’s a boat that smells of barf. The name of the boat i9s Wake ‘n’ Bake. I smell the funk when the wind is right.

Ever wondered what’s in a barf-flavored Jelly Belly?

6 Likes

Actually, I’ll say yes. I would be very interested to know what volatiles characterize vomit and earwax and dirt well enough for jellybeans to use them. This doesn’t say, though, it just says I could figure out if I had a gas chromatograph. :frowning:

According to the gas chromatograph

2 Likes

I don’t think they make it anymore but NOTHING could be worse than the skunk-flavor. NOTHING.

1 Like

I assume butyric acid is in the mix. Also, I’d be really surprised if no one has ever chromatographed vomit.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.