Ben Carson has nutty theories about the Egyptian pyramids

He had total control over which egyptologist did what, when, and where for a very long time so he seemed a good example of the kind of shenanigans they get up to.
The grain theory probably hasn’t needed debunking in a long time. I can say I don’t support the idea as much as I want but it seems people are still going to keep replying to me with more links, information, and thoughts on why it’s a silly idea. Meh.
I’ve read a few stories about the pyramids being re-used to to bury the dead thousands of years later and they all seem to focus on the much smaller pyramids that included the funerary inscriptions. That point interests me. In the end, I’m open to the theory that they may have been tombs. Certainly, there are cases where a small pyramid was later built over an existing tomb. But the idea that 2500 years after they were built, the locals had any idea whatsoever what the purpose of the great pyramids was and that we have repeated their stories as fact for another 2000 years will always bother me. It may be unknowable and I really would like to see archaeology move from speculation to the admission that they really don’t know what they are and label them unknown like any other field of science would have done long ago.