Ben Stein is sad that there isn't a “large African-American woman” on his syrup bottle

I commend to your attention “CSA - The Confederate States of America”. It is an alt-history documentary covering what happened when the south won the civil war.

I’ve cued the video to a relevant part at the end, but the whole thing is well worth watching.

4 Likes

I don’t think it’s fair to blame old age. Ben Stein has a fairly long history of being a crackpot.

19 Likes

Meh… pretty tedious, considering that might have lost the war, but they certainly won the peace (Jim Crow)…

11 Likes

People forget that he was Richard Nixon’s speechwriter.

11 Likes

Not everyone, no.

16 Likes

Old man yells at pancaces.

29 Likes

Dontcha’ just LOVE it when random peeps deign to explain history to you, Professor?

/s

15 Likes

Seth Meyers Idk GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

14 Likes

Wow. I’d forgotten all about that guy’s existence. I’d like to return to that state, please.

18 Likes

Do I need to remind people that a lot of maple syrup comes from Canada, where it is made by Canadians (AKA Communists)? I’ll take good old American corn syrup any day!!!

/s

PS: autocorrect wanted to change “corn syrup” to “chem syrup”, maybe it knows something?

16 Likes

Thoughts and prayers.

5 Likes

Dear Ben Stein…

17 Likes

Shocker: Racist Uncle wishes Aunt Jemima was still a thing.

8 Likes

You think a guy like him could afford maple syrup. So, I am pretty low brow when it comes to food, but I made a decisions that since I don’t use that much syrup anyway, I am going to buy just the good stuff. Even if it is cheap Maple Syrup - its’ better than regular “syrup”.

And then I drown my Eggo waffles in it.

I am all about duality…

6 Likes

No, no, in that sentence “they” refers specifically to Aunt Jemima, because Ben Stein is using woke pronouns to show he’s still totally hip and culturally relevant, yo. /s

The syrup is glop.

2 Likes

Yup!

Ben, treat yourself to some real maple syrup. You’ll appreciate it.

Also, treat the rest of us by having a steaming hot mug of STFU. WE’LL appreciate that.

12 Likes

Waaah, cancel culture!

12 Likes

It’s not even called that anymore up here in Canada. They went back to the OG name:

Also, there was a great Under The Influence podcast about this and other racial logos that people might like. The whole show is quite good. : https://www.cbc.ca/listen/live-radio/1-70-under-the-influence/clip/15817356-s10e01-the-times-they-are-a-changin-brands

10 Likes

20 Likes

In this case, it’s made by the Maple Syrup Mafia, like OPEC for sweet maple goodness.

8 Likes