Beneath the Sugar Sky: return to the world of "Every Heart a Doorway" for a quest through the land of Confection

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/02/19/beneath-the-sugar-sky-return.html

Beneath the Sugar Sky is the third novella in Seanan McGuire’s wonderful Wayward Children series, following from 2016’s Every Heart a Doorway and 2017’s Down Among the Sticks and Bones, chronicling the lives of the children who’ve accidentally returned from the magical kingdoms they adventured in, who haunt Eleanor West’s Home for Wayward Children praying that the door to their true homes will return and they can vanish into it forever.

7 Likes

I’ve already read it and enjoyed it a lot. I preferred Beneath the Sugar Sky to Down Among the Sticks and Bones.
I love how McGuire approaches LGBTQ characters. She presents LGBTQ characters like any other. She manages to provide some of the characters’ unique perspective without making a big fuss, another part of who the character is instead of everything the character is. It’s seamless and smooth. Every character is just themselves.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.