Beskar is the heaviest metal

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2021/01/27/beskar-is-the-heaviest-metal.html

4 Likes

Video link for the BBS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wa6j9QqkaQE

4 Likes

Go Psycho Billy, or go home.

3 Likes

Haha this is so cool for me. I’m a metal fan who has been watching this show for the 1st time for the last week and a half. I can’t tell what kind of guitar that is. Any other commenters know who made that guitar?

1 Like

From the YT description:

GUITARS ►► Mitchell MD400, MS400, Ibanez RG Series 7 String, Jackson DKAF8
GUITAR PLUGINS ►► Bias FX 2, EZMix 2
INTERFACE ►► Digitech GSP110, Axe IO
DRUMS ►► Superior Drummer 2
MICROPHONE ►► Audio Technica AT2020
DAW ►► Logic Pro X
VIDEO SOFTWARE ►► Final Cut Pro X
CAMERA ►► Canon Rebel T6i

4 Likes

Of course, those are Earthly metals. In a galaxy far, far away, much heavier metals could exist.

2 Likes

Disney spent so much on production, music, for the Mandalorian, why not spend a bit more on the story writing. It could have been a great show but meh.

Thanks for reminding me of how a friend turned me on to Reverend Horton Heat.

1 Like

If you are under the impression that Disney skimped on the budget by hiring a bunch of unknown writers for the show then I’m afraid you’ve been misinformed.

4 Likes

I’m okay with Lucas checking the spelling.

In all fairness, that shot is not actually correct of the writers on the show. But to claim that Disney cheaped out on writing is ridiculous. Altho I do wonder what more @kjh wanted out of a space western set in a post Rebellion Star Wars galaxy focused on a bounty hunter working the outer rim.

The main writers of the entire show are John Favreau and Dave Filoni. Lucas gets a special credit for being the creator of the whole shebang.

3 Likes

One episode was also written by Christopher Yost, who wrote Thor: Ragnarok. Which was hands down my favorite MCU film even though I thought the previous two Thor movies were middling at best.

1 Like

Saw the first series and it was a good yarn. That’s good writing in my book.

I mean it’s better than “gee George you can write this shit but you can’t say it” level of writing of a deliberately, explicitly derivative plot.

1 Like

Quite.

Again I ask, what exactly is it you want out of a Star Wars? Given the particulars of the concept (Mandlorian Bounty Hunter on the rim post rebellion period ala a classic western show) what would you prefer they have done?

I used to love American Cowboys and Indians TV shows when I was a child. Now I expect a bit more out of a TV show.

That’s not really answering my question, but that’s ok not everyone has to like everything.

Sorry you didn’t enjoy Mandalorian, I suggest you steer clear of the upcoming copious amounts of Star Wars media coming our way lest you continue to be disappointed.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.