Best substitute teacher ever fired for smoking pot in class at Massachusetts high school

Cueball: Imagine you’re at a parent-teacher conference, and the teacher reassures you that he always wears a condom while teaching.

Friend: Ah. Strictly speaking, it’s better than the alternative—

Cueball: —Yet someone is clearly doing their job horribly wrong.

5 Likes

He has broken the substitute teacher code. You always, always smoke up before you go to class, not during.

3 Likes

Second-hand smoke, I would assume.

2 Likes

LOL indeed!

1 Like

Peanutbutter can kill people. That doesn’t mean peanut butter is inherently unsafe.

Personally I don’t want the stank of pot around me, and I can understand that you have even more reason to find it disagreeable. But that doesn’t refute the fact that marijuana has an incredibly low acute toxicity And almost no, if any, acute overdoses causing death.

7 Likes

Teachers gotta teach…

1 Like

My freshman english teacher demonstrated for the class how GI’s smoked weed in ‘Nam (sans weed and rifle)

He was definitely everyone’s favorite English teacher. He was also later fired for making threats against G-Dub in his school email account or something to that effect.

2 Likes

An acquaintance of mine suffered from schizophrenia and reasoned like this:

• Electricity is bad: it electrocutes people.
  • Peanut butter it good: it nourishes people.

So she smeared peanut butter in the electrical sockets to protect her family.

3 Likes

When I was in high school, I also would have thought that that was the coolest thing ever.

As someone who has no kids but is easily old enough to have kids in high school, I’m a little squicked out. I mean, it’s not like he actually offered the pot to the kids, but he’s still a dumbass for thinking this was even remotely a good idea.

4 Likes

They should’ve been more specific when they wrote up their advertisement for a high school-teacher.

1 Like

Carpe diem, indeed.

lol, this is literal Narc behavior

People who are saying this isn’t an unsafe environment: A teacher is responsible for the safety and well-being of their students during class. If you can’t see that the teacher being under the influence of a mind altering substance during class is inherently unsafe for the students, I don’t know what to say.

3 Likes

Right? Also, we can easily be pro-legalization and pro-pot, and not want that in schools. If he’d just talked about the issue in class that would be one thing. That’s not what he did. Clearly dude was trying to be the edgy, cool teacher here, not give the students any sort of valuable educational lesson.

4 Likes

Hell, I’m for the decriminalization of all drugs even though I don’t use any of them. Unfortunately, I’m one of those people pot makes anxious and paranoid but I realize for most people it’s pretty harmless. It affects judgement, though, so it’s unsafe for a teacher to use.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.