Best way to bake crispy bacon

I’ve experimented with this, and found that it can work, but it’s so tricky to get the timing right.

There are a couple of good reasons to bake your bacon.

1. If you’re busy preparing other things, pan frying is difficult to do right. Bacon often goes from “not quite done” to “charcoal” quickly. Putting it in the oven allows you to wander away without starting a kitchen fire.
  2. If you need all your strips to be flat. Pan frying gives you nice, 3D bacon shapes, but if you’re putting them in a sandwich, flat is better. The oven method between two baking sheets yields nice, flat strips.
3 Likes

Bacon should not shatter.
No other meat product is cooked so much that it stops being flexible, you don’t scorch a steak until it’s solid, you don’t fry a fish until it’s rigid, so why the hell would you do that to delicious, delicious bacon?

3 Likes

3. Alliterations make everything better.

2 Likes

Alliterations always aggrandize announcements.

2 Likes

Ever hear of curing and drying meats? You can do this with fish as well. Granted i’m being pedantic, i’m also with you that when bacon is so crispy it shatters it’s just not as good. I prefer it right in between of crispy and chewy

At least you didn’t make an assonance of yourself.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.