Betsy DeVos teamed with Men's Rights Activists to write new campus sexual assault guidelines

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/08/24/betsy-devos-teamed-with-mens.html

9 Likes

It’s difficult for me to understand how they don’t know this is temporary.

I guess it is like the Nazis’ thousand year Reich. They are thinking in their dark little souls that they are changing the world permanently, when the rest of the world just sees this as a tragic crime scene, and goes to get the mop and some bleach.

18 Likes

relaxing rules is easier than reinstituting them later on.

14 Likes

Here’s hoping that all her yachts sink.

23 Likes

If only this were some misguided process in the name of saving a few bucks. 10’s of millions of dollars are nothing to the collective post-secondary educational institutions of America. If it was about saving money they would have engaged Price-Waterhouse or another accountancy, not MRA groups.

Remember, the cruelty is the point. DeVos and the Trump admin are really about entrenching institutional misogyny and putting the fear into women who are trying to get an education.

CYA: I had to look that one up.

Also, it’s interesting that DeVos is one of the longest-serving ghouls in this administration. I think it says a lot that the President is impressed with her work.

21 Likes

So far, she is the only member of the Trump cabinet who has stayed through from the beginning. Meaning she is the least competent, most ethically compromised person Trump hired.

15 Likes

It may well be because of her brother, Erik Prince. For some reason, Trump is really supportive of a rich family with an army of private mercenaries.

13 Likes

Aren’t you forgetting…

ben-carson-luggage

16 Likes

Other rats are starting to desert the ship, but here we have DeVos rallying MRAs, some of the nastiest rodents on board. I suppose she feels her money and her fascist brother’s stormtroopers will protect her from the consequences of sticking with the regime to the very end.

7 Likes

under His eye, if possible.

1 Like

Barf!!!

2 Likes

Boy, just wait until Qanon finds out that Trump’s cronies are trying to make it even easier for depraved criminals to engage in sexual assault.

16 Likes

Very few people deserve the guillotine more than DeVos.

7 Likes

And they probably will

5 Likes

Sadly I think it’s also reflective of how little most people think about our public education system. Nobody likes Betsy-Wetsy but they see her as relatively harmless.

I used to think she was just a moron but now I’m starting to think she’s really a narcissistic, evil, moron.

2 Likes

I think there are a large number of people in America who do not believe that at all, but see her for the threat she poses. Just like an not insignificant number of people understood the possible threat Trump posed once it became clear he was an actual contender for the nomination, primarily because he launched his campaign on a set of white nationalist talking points…

9 Likes

She’s far from alone. Perdue at Agriculture, Ross at Commerce, Carson at HUD, Chao at Transportation, and Mnuchin at Treasury are all first batch. In fact Chao was confirmed earlier than DeVos.

4 Likes

That does not comfort me at all.

1 Like

Nor should it, they are all monsters, but it appears that this set of monsters is capable of hunting in a stable pack.

3 Likes

She’s not a moron, she’s full-on evil.

5 Likes