Biden "dominating" Trump in latest national poll

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/06/24/biden-dominating-trump-in.html

8 Likes

I am legitimately terrified of the October Surprise that Trump may be willing to unleash if these numbers more or less hold through the fall.

36 Likes

Hmmmmm. Seems like we were here in 2016.
WE CANNOT GET COMPLACENT.

25 Likes

No - it’s not 2016. It’s this year’s battle.

20 Likes

I wish this poll actually meant something but there’s a very good chance that Trump will get re-elected. Never underestimate the stupidly of American voters.

17 Likes

Related tip: if you find yourself in a driverless bus skidding towards the edge of a radioactive ravine, try looking at a cloud that resembles a bus not crashing. You’ll feel much better.

(Also: 36%)

7 Likes

This poll has it at 14% “other”

Who’s the “other” this 14% is going to vote for?

9 Likes

I wish the Democrats had a better candidate to put forward. Even with all her flaws, Hillary was a someone to be legitimately excited by. She was very smart, had lots of, and was the first female presidential candidate of a real party. Biden may have experience, but that’s about it. Once the election stops being about what an idiot T is, we’re going to realize that all the Dems have to offer is another old man.

6 Likes

Inevitably, in effect, Vladimir Putin.

17 Likes

And the underhandedness of Trump.

5 Likes

Serwer is absolutely correct.

Voter clarity is transient, the press needs a horse race, and Trump + Other = 50%.

7 Likes

We ALL do, believe me but that train has already left he station. It HAS to be President Biden or it’s legit the end of the USA. Even IF the democrats can take governorships and the Senate, lil don trump will be completely unleashed. You had better believe there are already plans in the office of Erik Prince and company to start making people, journalists/opponents/critics of any kind disappear

13 Likes

She what now?

16 Likes

I would guess it’s mostly Libertarian party. It would be too much to expect all the Never Trump republicans to vote for Biden.

7 Likes

I must admit that I really don’t get this idea of being ho-hum about saving our republic as we understand it. If the idea of being able to appoint judges who will protect Roe doesn’t excite you, or restoring some measure of our standing in the world, or stopping the gutting of the EPA, or a hundred other incredibly important things doesn’t excite you, I have to wonder what would.

ETA (out of order to avoid too many posts)

War. War is always on the table. And just as frightening, I’d argue that the prospect of winning people over might be slightly less of a priority at some point than justifying either not having an election or not recognizing its results.

17 Likes

Are polls going to narrow though? Trump is about to be partially responsible for a while shitload of deaths in Florida and Texas (probably others too).

There’s really not much between now and November that I see him being to able to do to win people back over.

all trump has to do is stir up enough calls of shenanigans to get any or several state results tossed to supreme court and he wins ala Bush vs Gore

then Barr will call in the unlisted forces to surround the whitehouse who will happily switch to live ammo and mow down anyone who violates any fence

then dems will eventually cave into “law and order” that the surpreme court ruled it so we must accept to keep the peace

and the country burns to ashes over the next four years

tell me which part of that won’t happen, seriously, it’s all 100% plausible

5 Likes

Assuming they keep the house, he’ll be impeached again, convicted, and removed from office. But even so, without a dominating Biden win, we are doomed as a nation.

5 Likes

Pfft, amateur. On the websites I mainline ten hours a day, we’re already freaking out that other people aren’t already freaking out before that even happens. YOUR COMPLACENCY IS WHY TRUMP’S ROTTING CORPSE IS GOING TO GET ELECTED TO A NINTH TERM, YOU COLLABORATIONIST SCUM, we say to one another.

It’s a fun group.

9 Likes

If he can find their number, that is.

4 Likes