Biden "dominating" Trump in latest national poll

The strain was more than he could bear…

1 Like

I believe that Trump’s too-numerous-to-count “antics” since day one would blunt any October Surprise. I’d expect exasperated “Oh c’mon. What now, for Pete’s sake. More bullshit?”

3 Likes

Not in the states where it mattered most, apparently.

Polls are measurements of how people may vote; the bigger question is how many people will be able to vote?

Polls don’t factor in closed pollling locations. They don’t track voter purges. They don’t track the reduction of polling places in communities of color. They don’t factor in the effects of having the Southern Voting Civil Rights act repealed. Or how much anonymous Dark Citizen’s United money will flood into a district.

Those factors – nearly all of which came to fruition while we were backslapping ourselves about our ‘great’ President Obama (who woundup being a shit centrist) and how Hillary (an egomaniac who should not have been given the DNC’s blessing to run) would be the first woman president – are far more important than any idiotic ‘poll.’

We’re fucked. We are going to lose, and it was all determined 10 or so years ago because Obama wanted to not be another to people who fucking hated him.

And now the DNC picked Biden. Remember how they did last time?

1 Like

We don’t need to be enthusiastic about the candidate. We need to be enthusiastic about ourselves. That’s the difference between voting for president and voting for prom queen.

Biden will be personally fine if he wins, and fine if he loses; his stake in winning is far lower than our stake in having him win.

Sure they did. They used 5G rays to manipulate the primary voters.

4 Likes

Thank you, that was helpful (and long-overdue for me)! Of course, now I’m even more suspicious that they’ll get it wrong.

2 Likes

They dragged Bloomberg in as a stalking horse; they muscled Klobuchar and various Centrists out, to help Joe Biden, but left Warren in to divide-and-conquer.

Just because one doesn’t understand what happened doesn’t mean it didn’t happen, sir.

1 Like

“They” did nothing of the sort. The candidates chose to stay on or leave based on a variety of factors, DNC manipulation not being among them. The only time the DNC leadership actively monkeyed with the primary rules this year was the decision to allow Bloomberg to debate, a move which effectively killed his run. So, thanks, DNC!

5 Likes

For a second there I thought you said Al Jourgensen, which would be interesting…

4 Likes

Thanks; I needed a laugh.

Yeah, I curb my enthusiasm untill the Orange Bastard is actually OUT of the White House, thank you very much.

2 Likes

My emphasis. You assume Biden and other of DJT’s opponents won’t be held in protective custody after the emergency martial law declaration.

Learning from the results of the last loss as a learning tool to prevent a loss this year is beneficial. Personally, I always felt that Hillary was unable to avoid looking excessively arrogant from our side of the television and at the time, Trump looked like a scrapping underdog.
This time around, those roles are reversed as there probably isn’t a person on the planet that can avoid showing off excess hubris like Trump, and Biden is coming off as a humble person who wants to help improve America.

If I learned one lesson from 2016 is that misogyny is so potent that people will elect someone so supremely emotionally, experientially, intellectually and ethically unsuited for the Presidency as Donald Trump to avoid a woman as Commander in Chief.

16 Likes

There were and are an astonishing number of reasons to not support Mrs. Clinton and why she lost that have nothing to do with her gender. For but one example, was it her gender that kept her from ever going to Michigan, as opposed to her insider’s resume and her wretched sense of entitlement?

And I say this having given my vote to her.

But she was a horrible candidate.

This is also why Biden will lose: Insider, lifelong pol, a record to be strung on and Koches and Adelsons and Murdochs to scream it 24/7.

Absolutely true, but so is the anti-complacency statement. I wont be comfortable with this election until Il Douche has been out on his ass at least 6 months. Maybe not then, either.

6 Likes

If Trump had been a thrice-married woman who had five kids by three different men, a public record of philandering, a long history of business failures, obvious cognitive deficiencies and zero track record of public service then he never would have come within a thousand miles of the nomination.

Anyone who claims sexism didn’t put Trump in office is deluding themselves.

16 Likes

…Ouch.

Eh - there are a bazillion squared number of reasons not to support Donnie. And people see them more clearly everyday. That’s why he’s going to lose. Regardless of Adelsons, the Koch’s who are still alive and the Murdoch’s. Who will drop him like a hot potato if the economy crashes.

The Princes and Mercer’s are in for circling down the drain with Donnie.

4 Likes

Nobody makes Bloomberg do anything- except lose.

3 Likes