Biden "dominating" Trump in latest national poll

Bullshit. That’s not a poll asking you who you’re voting for.

18 Likes

That’s not actually a poll. That’s a map with the weighted chance of winning. That result can be produced with the candidate at 71.4% chance earning well under 50% of the vote, so it’s not even close to the topic.

20 Likes

Well, I’m not saying this too strongly, but relatively, there was more to like.

Your republic. I gave up my citizenship years ago. Though, I still support the old guy and would vote for him if I could. It’s different if you’re doing it only the other guy is way worse than if you are doing it for a more positive reason.

Mass-murdering Traitor Trump’s “October Surprise” is so freaking obvious that it will only be a surprise to the mainstream media: he’s going to announce a vaccine for COVID-19. It will be another homicidally irresponsible lie, of course, but Trump will take credit for the fake discovery and of course brand it “perfect.”

1 Like

It’s sad that even today we have to explain basic stuff like “FiveThirtyEight projecting Clinton had a 70% chance of winning is not the same as projecting she would win 70% of the vote.”

If the local weather service predicts a 30% chance of rain you probably shouldn’t hold a grudge for the next three-plus years if you end up getting wet that day.

21 Likes

This is the correct take.

Also, if the Dems manage to take all three branches, they would be foolish not to push DC statehood (two guaranteed Dem senators) and two more Justices on the Court to make up for McConnell’s skullduggery.

6 Likes

In this poll, “another candidate, would not vote or did not know.”

Other >1% candidates this year are Jo Jorgensen (Libertarian) and Howie Hawkins (Green), but there’ll be a lot of Bernie write-ins too.

4 Likes

So - you’re saying I have a chance? :grin:

13 Likes

And you can theoretically win the electoral college with less than 25% of the vote.

But as you point out it is not on topic, and not being complacent is not the same as dismissing all polls.

8 Likes

no rest until that orange sack of shit is out of office:

(sorry if i offended other orange sacks of shit with that comparison)

3 Likes

3rd quarter results? Anything less than disaster could push Trump over the finish line if it’s anywhere near close.

If Biden has another credible accuser or some other hidden problem, it will get pushed very hard by media.

6 Likes

Would it help to know that I will be voting for Biden?
Please let me know when at what point it is ok to show my lack of enthusiasm for the system that got him there.

The excitement for trump is what got him in office the first time. They looked past his lies and motives because they were excited and energized by his story. Ignore it and the Dems will lose again.

Why have we had a three year wake up call and it still feels like the Dems are stumbling around looking for coffee crystals in the dark?

5 Likes

It ain’t over till it’s over- but focus on beating and tearing down the guy you want out of office.

4 Likes

Doesn’t even need to be credible, the lie is going to happen and the Trumpers will make it real, as they always do.

1 Like

From this I learn that dampening down enthusiasm for a candidate is a good strategy for having them lose.

7 Likes

The NYT forecasters were probably too optimistic for Clinton (I think the FiveThirtyEight forecast was more credible) but note the date of your screenshot. The Comey letter to Congress about reopening the Clinton email investigation came 10 days later on October 28. Whether or not it made the difference in the election, it surely shifted the odds a little.

8 Likes

The one difference I can think of is that, 4 years ago, neither candidate was already President.

The fact that Trump is the sitting President with numbers in this place after four years of his “command” is interesting to me.

I still think it’s going to be a hell of a fight thanks to how fractured we have become, regret that the person he’s up against is Biden – a person who would make a rather moderate Republican candidate in spite of (or due to) his own sexist and racist issues – and won’t be surprised if we have to look at Trump’s fucking face for four more years. I’ll still vote.

6 Likes

Sure I’m guilty of spreading malcontent I suppose.

ANNOUNCEMENT: FOR THE MANY OF YOU ABOUT TO NOT VOTE FOR BIDEN BECAUSE OF SOMETHING I SAID, PLEASE DISREGARD AND DO NOT VOTE FOR THE ORANGE HITLER

1 Like

I’ll tell you what I do get excited about: breaking the power of police unions, eliminating qualified immunity, and reallocating police budgets. None of which came out of a candidate’s race for office.

Compared to those things, everything you list is just holding action, trying to slow the inevitable drift to the right that Democrats tell us is unstoppable.

Sure! Let’s slow that rightward drift as much as we can… but getting excited about it? You would be asking too much.

2 Likes

I really wish we could focus on this election and stop talking about THAT election. It’s over, she lost. Let the presidential historians have it, and let’s move on to THIS election, which is the most important election of my life and probably all of yours as well.

18 Likes