Biden holds double-digit lead in national poll

Don’t trust the polls.
I fear a Reichstag fire and/or Samson strategy.
Make sure your registration is current. Go and vote. In person, if possible and safe to do so.

5 Likes

Dewey Defeats Trump?

4 Likes

Stop me if you’ve heard this before- but polls aren’t actually election results. Shocking, I know. What we really want is to be behind by double digits.

6 Likes

Which is why the president doesn’t have the power to do that.

1 Like

That hasn’t stopped him before.

Frequently others don’t stop him either.

I fully expect him to try at least one illegal thing to stay in power, I have no idea how many he will get away with or how effective they will be.

5 Likes

Thank goodness that we have an Executive with a healthy respect for the constraints placed on his authority by the Constitution, combined with a Congress willing and able to hold him accountable when he does something illegal and a Judiciary with a recent history of making the right decisions when it comes to intervening in elections.

8 Likes

Yeah, he’s already tipped his hand that he’s going to do that - already declaring that the only legitimate voting results are the ones known the same day. I really hope the Democrats are preparing for this - they don’t have any excuse not to be, given how he’s telegraphing his punches.

6 Likes

There is literally no mechanism for the president to interfere directly in the vote count. It’s entirely controlled by the states. He may be able influence states that are friendly to him, and it is normal for campaigns to mount legal challenges in court. But there’s no executive authority for him to even try to abuse.

Again, if I thought this President believed himself contained by law, I wouldn’t be worried. What happens in the following scenario: it is the week of the election, and every poll shows that in person voting in Michigan, Ohio, Florida, and Pennsylvania will all go substantially to Trump, with mail in voting being overwhelmingly in favor of Biden.

Trump then announces with Barr by his side that they believe there is massive fraud taking place in the mail in ballots, and he directs the post office to seize all the ballots that he believes to be fraudulent until the DOJ can investigate.

What happens next? I believe that Biden would eventually be president in that scenario, but it would be a crisis the likes of which we have never seen in this country.

3 Likes

It’s still close enough for a “steal.” I don’t trust these polls at all.

Crypto-Trump voters are a thing. They know how repulsive they are. They are ashamed to ever admit it to a pollster. But they’re 100% going to vote for him.

It’s much closer than the numbers say. If anything it just demonstrates the “Trump Voters Shame Index”

4 Likes

Don’t believe it, don’t trust it, don’t relax, don’t assume that voter suppression and other corrupt election shenanigans can’t cancel out any supposed lead, no matter how large. Don’t assume that there will be an election or that the results will be honored if there is. Don’t let your guard down for a single second and be prepared to either vote or take to the streets in numbers too large to manipulate or ignore.

6 Likes

I think if he dies in office, Pence would win the election, due to the sympathy vote. “The poor man…”

1 Like

So Pence is Trump’s work wife? Suddenly it all makes sense.

2 Likes

Do not relax. Do not get complacent. Do not put your feet up. No victory laps.

We have cancer, and until the tumor is cut out, and sitting in a bloody tray in the lab, think nothing of reports that the fever is down and the vision is a little clearer this morning.

Work. Vote.

6 Likes

Who are all these people who answer random phone calls and to respond to polls?

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.