Biden hopes to increase his poll numbers by calling a woman at his event a "lying dog-faced pony soldier"

OK Biden.

8 Likes
7 Likes

12 Likes

TemptingColorfulCricket-max-1mb

5 Likes

Why be a condescending asshole when you can be a condescending asshole who sounds like he was last in touch sometime around the invention of the internal combustion engine?

Extra credit for the Dukakis-in-a-tank posturing of a career politician adopting lines from his vague memory of what a movie cowboy may have said.

7 Likes

I’m finding it more and more ironic the lengths that Trump and his minions were trying to go to smear Biden via the proxy of Ukraine. He was just never gonna be the nominee, not ever.

(Well, the current 538 model gives him a 17% chance right now, 3rd place to Bernie (44%) or contested convention (25%), but I expect those numbers to change.)

All that said, if he is the nominee I will still vote for him in the general. I would vote for a sack of flour over the current occupant.

7 Likes

The newer memories fade first? He’s reaching into the past?

2 Likes

Polls seem to run the other way – one reason he’s betting on Super Tuesday. Contrary to the Received Wisdom of the Right, the African-American vote is far from radical. They have a very long history of radical promises followed by crushing disappointment. They are, in a true sense, conservative. When your ancestors have been waiting since 1865 for some semblance of a fair shake, “incrementalism” starts to sound really, really good.

Oops – your comment was on Pete, but I replied WRT Biden. Sorry 'bout that.

2 Likes

Quoting John Wayne is bad enough.
Using imaginary quotes from John Wayne is much worse.

4 Likes

True as far as older African-American voters go; Biden really knows how to connect with them, especially the church people and local party functionaries. I’m not sure if it’s as true with younger ones, who might just see him like other younger voters do: another old, out-of-touch white guy (he’s certainly doing nothing to help himself there).

Then there’s the question of turnout. Olds show up like clockwork, young people not so much. That likely holds true for African-Americans, too.

It’s hard to gauge in lily-white primary states like Iowa and NH, so we’ll have to see what happens on Super Tuesday. What I suspect is that it will be Biden’s last chance in the primaries, and that he’s going to go very nasty on Buttigieg’s sexual orientation to try to make sure it isn’t his last gasp.

4 Likes

Sounds better with a Scottish accent.

3 Likes

Id say he should stay in, for exactly that reason, in addition to the fact that he makes them look worse every time he opens his mouth.

1 Like

maybe pop culture references aren’t the most serious tools to rely on when running for president… even ones that aren’t really out of date? as funny as it might be to hear old Joe make a Simpsons reference on the stump, i kinda feel like i’ve had my full of “unserious” over the past 3 years.

1 Like

Not me!

4 Likes

Ideally, before we fire Trump into the sun, we duct tape Biden to him.

2 Likes

would probably make more sense (well, not sense, but thematic cohesion) if it was transcribed as
I ain’t some hassidic hillbilly with a snood full of honeybees.

but, what would a bald guy need with a snood?

The median voter is less than 50 years old

Probably candidates should source their hip witticisms from pop culture artifacts created after 1970

8 Likes

10 Likes

Onion headline but real life

2 Likes

9 Likes