Biden repeatedly hammers Trump where it hurts most: "under his skin" (video)

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/04/01/biden-repeatedly-hammers-trump-where-it-hurts-most-under-his-skin-video.html

13 Likes

I think what annoys Trump is that, despite his BS rhetoric, he knows the lost to him in 2020. That’s what gets under his skin. That more people preferred Biden to Trump… Nothing annoys him more than the fact that he’s not universally beloved…

22 Likes

There is a list a mile long of his shortcomings, you can still sail well above the gutter while pointing many out.

22 Likes

Right?! Nothing is more powerful than facts, and we got lots of facts about what a garbage human Trump is… we don’t have to make up anything, as what is true is bad enough!

13 Likes

Pool Party Flirt GIF by ABC Network

11 Likes

I hope it stays more nuanced than that because Trump’s attacks are based on a brand of misinformation, angry populism and identity politics that the Democrats couldn’t replicate even if they wanted to.

10 Likes

But there isn’t anything wrong with pointing out facts about trump, like his embrace of authoritarianism, his failures as a business man, that he’s a rapist, that he’s losing money, that he’s a grifter, etc. That can be fighting fire with fire, without, as @nick_warr said, heading into the gutter.

18 Likes

Of course not, but that’s why I don’t think “fight fire with fire” is the characterization I’d use to describe this. Truth vs. Lies are two different kinds of weaponry IMHO.

8 Likes

“They go low, we go high” was admirable but I’m not sure how well it works in modern US politics anymore.

I know a lot of people on the left want to hit Donnie below the belt. And it’s not like it will matter one iota to how the MAGA crowd votes.

I guess because Donald is just soooo low, so deep in the gutter, so devoid of any good qualities there’s no point in giving any respect. If anyone deserves to be mocked it’s Donnie.

15 Likes

To your point above, calling him “Runner Up” Trump is perfectly accurate and not (that) disrespectful but is absolutely relevant in the context of the current political campaign and is likely to stick in his craw.

14 Likes

I would pay real money to see Biden in a debate with Trump say something along the lines of, “Our country needs better than a con man with a fake tan and a bad combover”.

12 Likes

I think watching Trump have to react in real time to Biden calling him the loser of the 2020 election, civilly liable for inflating his property values, under 91 criminal indictments and under multiple gag orders, etc will be the main reason to watch the debates. I’m pretty sure Biden could manipulate Trump into a confession.

15 Likes

That’s the stuff, Dark Brandon. The truth about the deadbeat grifter is damning enough.

8 Likes

Wrong! None of those “above the gutter” facts will have any effect swaying the independent voters who say, “Well, I’ll never have an abortion. Also I want a tax cut.”

Biden and the Dems need to keep needling Mango Mussolini to the point where those dipsh!t independent voters FINALLY say, “Wow… Trump really is insane!”

4 Likes

Day Today GIF

Given what we’ve been seeing lately in both the primary (with Trump losing a not-insignificant portion of the GOP vote to Haley) and the fact that people running on abortion seems to be a winning strategy since Dobbs, I’d say don’t give in to despair. A democrat just won in Alabama, in a swing district she lost last time. She won it by 25%. The moderates and independents are seeing Trump and the modern GOP for what it is, and are acting accordingly, it seems. More people care about facts and truth than your acknowledging here.

But if we act like we’ve lost before November, then we will lose.

And dirty tricks can very much turn against the Democrats, since their electorate tends to actually give a shit about integrity. :woman_shrugging:

19 Likes

Fair point. :: thinking about it emoji ::

2 Likes

I think his own preferred put-down, LOSER, is far more effective.

2 Likes

I want a tax cut for abortions.

16 Likes

it’s no secret to me: the thing about Biden that gets under Trump’s skin is that Biden beat him last time fair and square, and Trump knows it.

9 Likes

Good!
Laughing at Lord Dampnut is the way to go; his fragile ego can’t handle mockery.

Uncle Joe should challenge him to a game of golf on the condition that someone else keep the official scores. Televise it, too… have the commentators note every time Lord Dampnut cheats. Have every stroke loudly announced, too, along with penalties, as they happen.

Fucker’s used to cheating wihout being called on it; this should drive him mad.

Oh, and they gotta carry their own clubs.

11 Likes