Biden bashes "loser" Trump in passionate speech: "He's despicable" (video)

Originally published at: Biden bashes "loser" Trump in passionate speech: "He's despicable" (video) - Boing Boing

6 Likes

Non-twitter video:

14 Likes

Biden’s opening history lesson about the cold winter of 1777 without joking that “he should know because he was there” seemed like a missed opportunity.

This was a great campaign speech, although I’m sure Republicans will ignore the subtance and instead choose to complain about how old Biden is or how he occasionally stumbled over some words which obviously means he’s not competent.

Plus a great gif that captures everything I feel right now:

10 Likes

True. But anything to raise that blood pressure is a small win

10 Likes

Still ain’t voting for him (save your outrage, I’m in an R+20 state), but it’s nice to see the all-too-rare Democratic rhetoric targeting the fascist mendacity of the right instead of appealing to the red base for votes they will never get.

Biden’s first campaign video of this election, I thought it was well done:

5 Likes

tenor

18 Likes

that's not how this works seth meyers GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

11 Likes

Thank you - for a site that routinely lampoons X and it’s fascist overlord - they sure do love to post X posts and videos over and over - giving traffic to that turd company.

8 Likes

I’m not voting for someone who gives weapons to child killers.

1 Like

Guess what? Withholding your vote from Biden does jack shit to help Palestine. If you want to help change the conversation regarding Israel, write to your representatives in Congress. Call them. Yell at them. The GOP isn’t going to do anything for Palestine, period. Democrats need to feel the pressure from their constituents to make better choices, but they also need to be holding office to make those choices.

Withholding your vote will not help Palestine. It is a vote for authoritarianism in the U.S. It is a cop out.

14 Likes

:thinking:

Quite the thought-provoking pair of headlines, for me anyway.

I mean, it’s not just the way the media focuses so much on Biden’s age, and so little on his “booming economy,” that accounts for how he may well lose to a criminal, monstrous loser.

6 Likes

We already have authoritarianism parading as “democracy.” And FYI I call my senators and reps all the time telling them to F themselves. I vote third party because I see no difference between the two main parties.

Then you are not paying attention.

13 Likes
6 Likes

Why?!

1 Like

… it’s a video, it’s not from Twitter, it’s somebody calling somebody else despicable :person_shrugging:

2 Likes

That is statement thst can only be made from a place of privilege. Ask any women, LGBTQ, poor, minority how much difference there is. The fascists are pushing for extermination of trans people, of my family! They are pushing for women to be viewed as less than human, as property. They are pushing to make your voice and your vote irrelevant. That is your choice. Fight the fascists or turn your back because you can’t vote for less than perfect. And the lives that are sacrificed, well, that’s just the price you are willing to pay. I am not.

On an up note, seeing a Dem willing to take the gloves off is soooo refreshing!

12 Likes

I’m sorry, that was quite funny. I need to not take things so personally :joy: You caught me with my hackles up.

2 Likes

main-qimg-03deeed6612f9623cdbb039110665682-lq
:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

4 Likes