Biden finally roasts Trump

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/07/13/biden-finally-roasts-trump.html

18 Likes

Barn-burner.

17 Likes

Go get ‘em, Joe!

Fuck the fishwrap formerly known as the paper of record.

26 Likes

That’s more like it! The Herbert Hoover burn was especially good.

I think he can keep this up with the audiences filled with his people: working and middle class folks, minorities, other politicians (including from the other party). Then he’s a happy warrior. It’s when he’s constrained by the demands of Bothsideists in the so-called “liberal media” that he falters. As Jason says, this kind of speech is where he has to focus his energy.

21 Likes

Roast him again, it doesn’t look like he is done yet.

16 Likes

More! More! More!

22 Likes

Here ya go!

Look who’s not running to the center in the general election.

41 Likes

An even Darker Brandon. :smiling_imp:

12 Likes

Oops, heat’s off on this roasting now. Joe wants to talk to “Donald,” not roast him.

I wonder if the Biden campaign will ever feel emboldened again to point out the many ways that Tromp is a monster. That said, it also seems to me that little is clear yet about how the shooting will affect the election. At least the corporate media will be off the “Biden is old!” message for awhile. :confused:

18 Likes

The campaign allegedly stripped all ads for now, out of respect for the situation.

I’m guessing they will give a few days for recovery, at which point Trump will restart his same retoric (plus “they tried to kill me!” added in) and they will go back. Biden was never calling for violence - Trump was. And even he doesn’t deserve it. But it’s important to remember that only one person was calling for an armed revolution.

18 Likes

Great stuff- he needs to keep this up into the fall. Drumpf is such the easy lay-up, (i.e. rapist, liar, loser, con man, failed biz guy, Cadet Bonespurs, etc.), that I’m amazed people haven’t been hammering away like this for years.

“LOCK HIM UP!”, indeed.

8 Likes

It’s much tougher for Dems to do that credibly now, since Biden has taken to calling him “Donald,” and most USians feel at least some sympathy for a man who came within millimeters of getting shot dead. I wonder how long this halo effect will last.

11 Likes

The Dems have pulled all their ads out of respect - GOP reps baselessly blamed Biden within minutes

Biden denounces the violence - MAGAs are screaming for blood and retribution

Dems will be solemn and respectful - Trump will fundraise and grift like crazy.

I hope that fucking photographer is happy with his Pulitzer while Democracy burns

16 Likes

With 100+ days to go, I’m sure Biden’s campaign have more than enough time to tastefully ease back into roasting the monster that most were aware of before the shooting. And with every Trump ad blaming the Dems for the attempt on his life at the rally, the Dem’s ads can in “real-time” juxtapose select comments from Trump’s new ads with ones reminding everyone of Jan6 and throw in the numerous examples of Trump calling for bloody violence. Trump is a fount of ammo for counter-ads. He was before. He’ll still be.

10 Likes

Absolutely. How soon before we see the “defiant fist pump” photo for sale on shirts and coffee mugs?

4 Likes

I saw a Xitter thread lauding his “bipartisan approach”, which sounds as if it might be a coy way of saying that he consciously decided to make Trump look heroic.

3 Likes

I’m tired to death of the “I Like Ike”, please just a $5 donation nonsense they’ve been caught up on. We’re in a crisis and treating it like a personality contest. The sooner they get out of that rut, the better.

1 Like

The time is up.

7 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.