'Shut up, man' - Biden to Trump

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/09/29/shut-up-man-biden-to-trump.html

10 Likes

Hey, someone finally told him to shut up to his face for the first time in his life.

Too bad it took so long.

Maybe in the next 30 odd days he has a chance of being the “the most mistreated president ever”. We should all be so lucky.

23 Likes

I’m sure his ex-wives told him to shut up a few times.

13 Likes

Yeah, that’s probably why they’re ex wives.

2 Likes

I’m honestly not sure who’s winning this debate. Biden is tripping over his words and Trump is lying his ass off. Still hoping Biden closes this off strong.

5 Likes

Democracy is losing. This debate is pointless and Biden should have just said “trump has no policy positions worth talking about, so I’m not wasting my time.”

20 Likes

I had to quit listening. I don’t hate anything about Biden, and he’d have to show up in a klan hood for me to consider not voting for him this year, but he’s definitely not a smooth speaker. I’m not one to judge…I turn into Mary Catherine Gallagher when someone expects me to give a public speech. But…not running for president over here.

5 Likes

Biden was tripping over some important points but his general messages were solid.

10 Likes
5 Likes

Well I’d be perfectly happy with turning him into an ex-president within the next few months.

8 Likes

43 Likes

He’s not - he’s no Obama, but very few of us are.

Not that Trump is all that great of a speaker, he just happens to be really good at repeating the same talking points over again and never shutting the fuck up as if he gets paid by the word.

8 Likes

Fair point. I suppose I’m more concerned about the capacity for firing people up despite the fact that I referenced smoothness above, and I certainly don’t want to denigrate someone for a speech issue.

45’s clearly not a good speaker. But his base loves him beyond all capacity for reason.

My concern remains that Biden has to be able to inspire folks to vote if we are to overcome the apathy of the electorate, the “meh” reaction of those who are thinking of sitting it out because their preferred dem didn’t get the nod, and the suppression tactics that the right wing machine is cranking out. That’s not even to mention the semi-mythical undecided voter. I won’t pretend to believe 45 will “win” any actual debate, but I know who will vote for him regardless of his performance. Biden can actually lose voters, so I turned it off because the lack of polish got my anxiety a-fluttering. I’ll keep reading here for the highlights so I don’t give in too much to my pessimistic tendencies.

Consolidating discussion here: