CNN: Biden directs campaign “to highlight the crazy shit that Trump says in public”

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/02/21/cnn-biden-directs-campaign-to-highlight-the-crazy-shit-that-trump-says-in-public.html

13 Likes

Going to be a lot of all caps shouting.

Pressers will have buckets of ear plugs available.

6 Likes

So, doing what the major media should be doing. Reporting.

39 Likes

Add in those comments he makes in private too!

27 Likes

A fighting liberal. Refreshing. No more high road, no quarter for fascists.

35 Likes

Trump pretending that he was confusing Nikki Haley and Nancy Pelosi ON PURPOSE, instead of the fact that his brain is melting should be part of this. Take off the gloves and don’t stop punching.

23 Likes

This should always have been the core of the strategy, because this is the argument against him: Trump being a severely addled fascist is why it’s not in anyone’s best interests to reelect him. That it took this long, and required Biden to say it… It should have started when it was clear Trump was going to run again and never let up, so that it would always be in the forefront of the voter’s minds. I just hope it isn’t too late at this point.

21 Likes

The full piece from CNN:

What Fox took from it, because Fox, ugh:

And a pretty good ad from the Biden camp:

17 Likes

But don boxing gloves loaded with lead weights!

10 Likes

20 Likes

Since it’s February, it shouldn’t be too late. If 45 is still in the race after all of his court dates this summer and fall, the point when it’s too late to influence the presidential election is November 6th. Personally, I’d be fine if nobody lets up on making it clear why the GOP, MAGA, and his evangelical supporters should have never let him get this far. They should be reminded of their attempts to ruin this country for the rest of their lives.

Sigourney Weaver Aliens GIF

29 Likes

Yeah, I agree. Our election cycle is soooo drawn out now that we forget how much time there is between now and November. We haven’t hardly had any primaries, yet.

7 Likes

I mean, the charge shouldn’t be too difficult. Just take a snippet of anything that comes out of his pie hole from one of the rallies.

Seriously. It feels at times like there is a never-ending election cycle.
Our primary is next month about 2 weeks from today.

12 Likes

10 posts were split to a new topic: Ablist Bothsiderism

Highlighting the crazy fascist shit the orange gibbon spews? That is the high road. Low road would be to run commercials about the shitgibbon’s depends.

I wouldn’t mind low road at this point, but right now the high road is somewhere in low earth orbit. Time to rain down the nukes.

IMG_5434

14 Likes

I owe you refreshing beverage!

Coca Cola Coke GIF by LIMESODA Interactive Marketing GmbH

8 Likes

It’s a volume problem.

The social media manager probably needs an entire team to watch an event and crank out distinct snippets of individual crazy items and release them. A 30 minute speech might need 30 to 60 releases each with individual and distinct crazy statements.

That’s part of the change. Instead of after a Trump rally releasing a statement or a few social media posts. Now, the Biden campaign team is releasing the individual snippets in near real time as they occur. Dozens of posts highlighting what the media is not as being not right.

13 Likes

We sent out our mail-ins the day after we received them. 100% blue. Nice and easy… as you please-y.

8 Likes

Saw this yesterday: https://youtu.be/dSdNz2JUa1E?si=xdL3BJedMcU4Y6p0

3 Likes

The actual video of the live speech didn’t make it any better. I would even say the rereading sounded less insane than the original. It was just that bonkers.

3 Likes