Biden on Trump impeachment trial: 'it has to happen'

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2021/01/25/biden-on-trump-impeachment-trial-it-has-to-happen.html

7 Likes

Maybe now they will vote to convict just to spite Biden.

26 Likes

I suspect if they had a secret ballot, I would expect 90:10 to convict. (with at least 25 republicans claiming they were one of the 10)

17 Likes

If Biden tells GOP Senators, “You better not vote to convict Trump,” you can bet that they will convict him in no time. They won’t even need a trial.

3 Likes

Proof that Trump wasn’t the cancer after all, but definitely a malignant tumor - a bad product. Serious action is needed to stop the cancer from spreading.

7 Likes

It’d be even faster if it were Obama telling them. They just can’t handle a black man telling them anything.

3 Likes

The fact that this is even being questioned infuriates me. Damn right it has to happen. It should have already happened, get to it.

3 Likes

Pitter patter.

1 Like

“It will divide this country even more!” No it won’t. It will bring together everyone who truly cares about laws and decency. Some Republicans have already crossed the aisle to agree on impeachment. The ones who dont are craven and only care about their own jobs, not right or wrong.

If you want “unity” then we need to agree on what’s acceptable conduct for a public official, otherwise this will happen again.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.