Biden warned his new staff "I will fire you on the spot" if they disobey this one rule

Even a month ago, I wasn’t sold on the idea that Biden was the right candidate, but after Jan 6th, an old-school institutionalist is definitely a critical need. Not to say Bernie couldn’t have done the same, but Biden’s demeanor is a bit more inviting and as they say “a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down”.

16 Likes

These relatively small things (in the grand scheme) are rolled out so fast and with no pomp, so it’s something someone clearly planned ahead of time and didn’t see as being worth bragging about. Holy shit is it ever nice to have a respectful adult in authority again.

17 Likes

This is a function of Congress, Biden doesn’t have the authority under any conventional means to print the checks himself. As a rhetorical thing, the Congress went into their new session knowing what the President wants to do in this regard. He doesn’t have to send over a signed letter for his intentions to be known. It’s now up to Congress to pass such legislation which, if passed in a legitimate and unencumbered form, the President would sign immediately.

11 Likes

Well, 50% is a pass, right?

(He’s been fired, and is hated. And 75% is coming right up)

I would have preferred Bernie, or Warren. Bottom line is neither of them would have won Pennsylvania or Georgia or any of the other ‘narrow margin’ swing states, and 45 would have another 4 years.

I disagree profoundly with many of Biden’s past choices and many of the current Democratic leadership’s positions. But my beliefs and positions would not have won that election, and that was so unbelievably important in this time.

8 Likes

Make Your Readers Nauseous With This One Style of Phrasing Headlines!

13 Likes

I am pretty passionate about respecting and valuing people at work. This involves a lot of active work to create space for disabled people, women, ethnic minorities and other people typically discriminated against.

I’m not sure that a workplace with a superboss allowed to summarily fire people achieves that.

3 Likes

The president is that kind of superboss with respect to many positions, regardless. The immediate question is just how they exercise that authority.

2 Likes

I can see that, but he seems to be indicating he means behavior that he sees directly. Which I think that’s good for a boss to do, have a zero tolerance policy of that kind of low-level bullying.

Is this in his administration right now? Because that’s what we’re talking about right now. Nor does that have anything to do with what he said here.

7 Likes

It all depends on where you work. The company I am in has thousands of employers and has lots of family members working for the same company from the CEO’s own family downwards. It’s not an issue at all here.

2 Likes

I like Biden’s message here, but what the heck is going on with the editing of the video? It keeps cutting back and forth between Biden and whoever that is on the TV, in the middle of sentences/words, with no obvious continuity. At first I thought my browser was broken and jumping around the video at random.

If Aaron Sorkin could write our near-future script, I think I’d be 100% fine with it…

Seems weird to me. I’d feel pretty scared when dealing with the CEO’s relatives and tread very carefully around them.

I work for a rather large and famous publicly traded company. So maybe that’s the difference. Or maybe it’s just random and each company has its own idea of what is acceptable.

More the latter I suspect. I also work for a large and well known publicly traded company.
It can work as long as people understand that family ties do not give you significant special benefits. In the physical office I am in, we fired one person but his brother still works here, in another office I was in we got rid of the father but the son was still working etc.
Nepotism does not override the need to have the skills to get the job done.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.