White House aide threatens reporter in sexist tirade: "I will destroy you"

Originally published at: White House aide threatens reporter in sexist tirade: "I will destroy you" | Boing Boing

13 Likes

I always figured the “disrespect others, get fired” rule wasn’t going to hold up, but we’ll see if it even turns out to be “disrespect others, have it widely reported, get fired.”

35 Likes

Disappointing. Still a better reaction to sexist threats inside the admin than trump’s ever had.

D- Better, but need much more improvement. Failing grade.

And yeah, that’s an F for promisekeeping. Super simple and easy and they managed to break their promise rather than get rid of a guy who actively made them look bad.

Biden admin had a chance to be the heros on this one, gain a bunch of free positive publicity.

But we all remember Joe telling us it’d be business as usual, restore the old status quo.

22 Likes

They’re in a bit of a cleft stick. He has stage 4 lung cancer that’s metastatised to his liver, gallbladder and bones: if they fire him, there goes his medical insurance. They’ve probably decided that, from a PR perspective, disciplinary action falling short of termination is the least worst option.

24 Likes

I have heard speculation on the Twitters that the relative kid-glove treatment comes from the fact that apparently this guy is being treated for stage 4 cancer and they don’t want him to lose his health coverage.

Just another way in which the absence of basic social support in this country leads to shitty business decisions.

42 Likes

Well, shit, that sucks too. See, this is what happens when you elect people who have a heart and conscience. It is never that simple.

29 Likes

It’s also a prime example why healthcare should NOT be tied to employment.

94 Likes

Srsly.

So many things become simpler when you don’t tie unrelated things together to increase the leverage of already powerful people.

For instance.

21 Likes

Indeed. Nonetheless, this administration has apparently calculated that firing an asshole with cancer will play worse with the media than not firing him, despite a previous promise to fire assholes.

14 Likes

This is the correct answer.

10 Likes

seems like a smart PR operation could find way to explain that…we said we’d shitcan anyone who did this but if we do that here, we make a difficult time even more difficult.

Maybe they find a way to keep him insured/employed as a way of explaining why coupling bennies to employment is and always was a terrible idea.

7 Likes

36 Likes

i must break you dolph lundgren GIF

“It was important that we took a step to make that clear, and that included not just an apology directly from him and apologies directly from us at the highest levels there, but also a step to suspend him for one week without pay,” Psaki said. “That in our view… was an important to step send the message that we don’t find it acceptable.”

8 Likes

“I will destroy you”

“I will destroy you”

“I will destroy you”

7 Likes

I understood Biden’s comment as, firing staffers who are shown to disrespect their fellow staffers.

9 Likes

14 Likes

giphy (2)

10 Likes

11 Likes

This is why people say “both sides are the same.” Dude needs to be fired, immediately.

3 Likes

5 Likes