After the facepalm, Dr. Fauci expresses his frustration

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/03/23/after-the-facepalm-dr-fauci.html

12 Likes

Fauci came out and said something to the effect of “The president and I are essentially on the same page”…with Nostradumbass breathing down his neck.

NO! YOU AREN’T. Just fucking say you aren’t Just fucking say “I have no idea what he is talking about…here are the facts from the mouth of an actual Doctor of medicine.” YES HE MAY FIRE YOU…let him. Because as this spins out of control HE WILL BE BLAMED.

At some point you have to let your kid tantrum, rage, and feel the full effects of their actions. At some point you pull the Ken Titus and let your kid stick the fork in the socket and then when they get shocked say “Now, what did we learn”.

I am sick of everyone after 3 years saying “Oh, but people like Fauci are protecting us” No…we are still being fucked over by this ignoramus…your help isn’t helping!

34 Likes

I think clearly This Guy (Fauci) is stuck between a raging epidemic and Trump’s idiot ego. He knows and is pretty well letting us know Trump is full of shit.

I think if Fauci is fired we get Dr. Ben Carson leading this effort.

50 Likes

What I said in an earlier topic still applies:

I don’t think Fauci will quit, but I do think there’s a significant chance that Biff will find a more pliable physician to be the face of medical expertise during the pandemic.

35 Likes

Which I know is so much worse for everyone.

At some point someone has to speak truth to power with the Toddler in Chief…consequences be damned.

12 Likes

Many have tried. None are still in the administration.

30 Likes

Trump should be removed from office. Let’s hope someone is working on that behind the scenes.

14 Likes

Fox News hosts are telling people to take drugs that have not been approved by the FDA for COVID-19, resulting in a shortage of those drugs for people who need them.
Dr. Fauci needed to shove Trump away from the microphone last week.

29 Likes

Problem with “letting him feel the consequences of his actions” is that those consequences involve the deaths of potentially hundreds of thousands, to potentially millions of Americans. I admire Fauci for trying to minimize the effect of Il Douche’s worst instincts. I doubt that Cheetolini will tolerate his efforts much longer.

40 Likes

Dr Fauci, don’t touch your face!

Oh, face palm? Ok, that’s understandable. Go for it.

18 Likes

a good start would be lunch with Rand Paul. daily.

9 Likes

22 Likes

COVID-19 doesn’t stand a chance!

16 Likes

YES HE MAY FIRE YOU…let him. Because as this spins out of control HE WILL BE BLAMED.

But it’s more than that. Tony doesn’t need the job – he’s almost eighty years old and is more than financially secure to just call it quits and retire. It’s about trying to actually do something to help reduce the human cost of this disaster. Which requires him to make compromises to stay in the job and not be replaced by somebody less competent.

29 Likes

And that would be leading, as in running it like a lead sinker…

5 Likes

Even if Fauci backs him and doesn’t call him out on air to his face, Trump will still toss him under the bus at the first sign of blowback toward him, especially if Fauci has been doing anything that helps or enables Trump’s bullshit. May as well go on the public record right then that Trump is being incredibly dangerous to the health of the people of the US.

17 Likes

Nothing gives me confidence like Dr. Ben Carson staring blankly into space, perhaps looking for guidance from aliens.

18 Likes

A Faucian bargain, as it were.

32 Likes

I would feel much better if Fauci resigned or disassociated himself with the administration.

I keep hearing people in the media admire him, I think he’s actually not all that.

He’s not helping or accomplishing anything there.

And the blonde woman, I forget her name, is almost as bad as Pence.

The whole team reminds me of how people had vague praise for Kavanaugh and Barr before we saw who they really were.

1 Like

Who the hell were these people?

5 Likes