Jen Psaki finds a new way to deal with Peter Doocy and it's the most humorous yet

Originally published at: Jen Psaki finds a new way to deal with Peter Doocy and it's the most humorous yet | Boing Boing

21 Likes

28 Likes

Debated at length on YC news:

The revelations that Fauci’s org may have funded gain of function research are something of a nothingburger.

At best, the optics aren’t good for people who are clueless as to how things work in virology research.

15 Likes

Sit boy. Sit.

10 Likes

Yes without explanation would have been just as good an answer.

21 Likes

In short: why even engage him. She could have said "well, I suppose. . . if he shot someone on 5th avenue in broad daylight. . . " but that just feeds their addiction.

They are fixated on enemies, and this hunger to root out and destroy them.

23 Likes

What an idiotic line we’ve made Dr Fauci dance on for the past year plus.

Edited for clarity.

22 Likes

FOX NEWS: “Psaki admits that Biden would refuse to fire Fauci even if he transformed into a DRAGON who shot FLAMING VIRUS WASPS out if his nostrils! What kind of irresponsible President would keep a flaming wasp dragon in the executive branch??

Or in Fauci’s case, create them. He wasn’t seen as an enemy—or even an adversary—to Republicans or Republican interests until Trump came along.

30 Likes

kabuki yell

(My best Kabuki theater scream)

18 Likes

Dude, this is Psaki. She has proven her wizardry multiple times. You ask a dumb question, and she responds while also casting a spell on you.

A few hours later you start to feel the effects. It starts off as a slow heat, but then gets much more hot. By the time you watch the pundits the next AM, you realize you just got BURNED! No cure, escape routes, or medical attention will help.

14 Likes

That’s what I was hoping for.

5 Likes

Well, but Doocey was too squirrelly for his own good. He said “Can you imagine any situations?”, and not: “Are there any situations?”

Psaki, being sane, cannot imagine Fauci being caught by a staffer careening around his office in roller skates, drunk as a lord, singing the hits from Starlight Express, again. She, being sane, literally cannot imagine such a circumstance. “No” is her only possible response.

EDIT: Per @MoistTroll, added “again.” Once, is an honest mistake. (We’ve all done it.)

14 Likes

I could be wrong, but I don’t think the president can directly fire Fauci . Not everyone servers at his behest.

15 Likes

We will know when she’s had enough of their shit when she says “if anyone in the Biden administration foments rebellion against the United States or otherwise commits sedition, I could see the President not only firing them but ensuring they are prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law…”

21 Likes

FTFY  

6 Likes

Hacker News is hot garbage. I bailed after watching all the climate change deniers get upvoted and everyone else downvoted. Their COVID discussions were equally nauseating. One popular nutter claimed that coughing extra hard would help you avoid hospitalization. 2020 became a lot more bearable once I stopped checking HN.

5 Likes

All that is true, but I still find the ratio of informative, well thought out comments to astroturf to be above average.

They aren’t as aggressive as here at weeding out the astroturfers.

2 Likes

Exactly. Hence the beauty of her response.
:clap:t2:

11 Likes

I don’t think the POTUS has the authority to fire Dr Fauci.

UPDATE: What Mister44 said.

4 Likes

Aside from the fact that POTUS cannot “fire” Fauci, I think she should have said “YES”.

The answer to the follow up question could have been:

“When he stops following the science”

Dilutes the intended Fox News sound bite that the question was intended to provide.

4 Likes