Thank you, Dr. Fauci

Originally published at: Thank you, Dr. Fauci | Boing Boing

26 Likes

Such a weird choice of a public servant for the right-wingers to make into one of the most feared and hated boogiemen of our generation, but he certainly handled that difficult situation with tact and grace.

58 Likes

Hell yes!

Thank you, Dr. Fauci.

41 Likes

He did his job well; even when it was almost not possible to do it at all, thanks to the last “administration’s” fuckery.

He also seems untrollable, so good for him.

53 Likes

He and Greta Thunberg should start a podcast where they just read and respond to tweets from morons.

It’s also worth memorializing the fact that this wasn’t his first pandemic that was ignored, exacerbated and politicized by a bigot in the White House. Despite all the unnecessary deaths that came from both AIDS and COVID, Dr Fauci was there being the voice of reason, listening to and championing those who were directly impacted and reminding us all that a brighter day would come if we all just stuck together.

Enjoy your retirement! It was well earned.

40 Likes

Well, he worked on HIV/AIDS leading to effective treatments and refused to be cowed by Trump… that’s crime enough for the assholes.

33 Likes

It’s a shame that he’ll probably have to spend the rest of his life keeping an eye out for unhinged Trumpers who want to murder him for the horrible crime of trying to save lives during a pandemic. You’d think “DISEASE BAD” wouldn’t be a partisan opinion, but apparently everything is now.

24 Likes

I can’t help but think of all the bullshit this man is still going to have to deal with, thanks to the Republicans. I still see right-wingers working themselves into a lather over his imagined “crimes,” the list of which seems to be expanding in their minds. It’ll be never-ending. I imagine House Republicans will want to start up some bullshit committee that will demand he testify, just to waste his time to score points with their qanon base, where they’ll accuse him of all sorts of nonsense… which will just further inflame reactionary idiots into further threats and actions against him.

20 Likes

Dr. Fauci, in honor of your fine work and all the shit you have to put up with by right wing morons…
Sarcastic Rohit Shetty GIF by Amazon miniTV

20 Likes

What a crummy timeline!

https://trashpanda-x.github.io/darklantern/#Anthony%20Fauci

3 Likes

That poor man. I have always had nothing but the deepest respect of Dr. Fauci. I always looked forward to his appearances on the Diane Rehm show. Please enjoy your well deserved retirement.

8 Likes

It’s not called a death cult for nothing.

16 Likes

In his place, this – unproductively – would have been me:

6 Likes

Hell - he refused to be bullied by Reagan through Trump.

When Reagan was making jokes about queer people dying- he was saving lives.

25 Likes

Thank you, Dr. Fauci. You truly made a difference.

32 Likes

Not a weird choice at all, they have been anti-science (a.k.a. anti-reality) for a long time.

It’s just that this time being anti-science had serious immediate impact.

Plus they always need someone to blame, and Trump was off the table.

8 Likes

Dude was good at his job, served under 3 Republican presidents in the past with no issues, and even given the Medal of Freedom by George W. Bush. To demonize him for political gain is just fucking evil.

13 Likes

As someone else who just retired at the end of 2022, I’d like to extend Dr. Fauci an invitation to come fishing with me for an afternoon. And, to say thank you for a job done with class, accuracy, and scientific aplomb. The one person through this whole mess that I could reliably trust.

13 Likes

Hats off to him for years of tirelessly wrangling government bureaucracy to do good, and I hope he can live out a looooong fearless retirement period without personal health issues.

St Anthony Corona GIF by INTO ACTION

11 Likes

So, then, SOP, yes?

8 Likes