Big Audio Dynamite II's 'Rush'

I feel like its worth mentioning The Globe’s evil twin Kool-Aid. Its kind of a prototype of sorts; most of the songs are shared between the two, but the versions vary. Sometimes for the better, sometimes for the worse. Worth seeking out.

2 Likes

Absolutely! And bookended so well with Stalag 123/End.

Man, I haven’t heard that song in a long time.

1 Like

This used to get SO much airplay 'round these parts that I learned to hate the song. So much so that I would turn the radio off, for a bout 4 minutes, when it came on.

So I was turning the radio off, on average 4-5 times a day. Was seriously glad when it finally left rotation.

2 Likes

I think that’s a perfectly cromulent video in the context of the early '90s. I mean picture the promo for ‘Step on’ with Sean Ryder prancing about on the roof of a hotel.

I was on a nostalgia trip a while back and sought out this video. I was surprised and delighted to to recognise Joe Strummer and Paul Simonon as the two cops. I’ve seen that video many times before and never noticed them (Also, John Lydon pops up with a machine pistol at one point).

It’s interesting 'cos I was under the impression the Joe Strummer and Mick Jones weren’t on speaking terms at that point.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.