Big Cable push-polled America on Net Neutrality, still found the majority in favor of it

Originally published at: http://boingboing.net/2017/05/13/damn-lies-and-telcoms-statisti.html

2 Likes

So this obviously proves that everybody hates net neutrality right?

4 Likes

I’m left wondering why they bothered in the first place- it’s not as if they need the public’s approval to get NN killed off. Why expose themselves to more bad press on purpose?

3 Likes

Right. This kind of thing usually works best via subterfuge and obfuscation. Like Trump, one is left to assume that they must really seem to believe that they understand what people want, though it’s glaringly obvious to everyone that they are completely divorced from reality.

4 Likes

I think you have your Republican filter set to “on”

Seems like the cable industry thinks America’s on board with the whole R agenda, freedom-is-slavery thing.

That’s only ever been a minority.

3 Likes

Well, they know what they want, and surely it’s a safe assumption that everyone else wants the same thing, right? Right?

4 Likes

(Sorry, I thought the snark tag was unnecessary.)

4 Likes

As with the TrumpGOP in general, the cable industry may have noticed that they don’t need to convince anyone outside of the GOP base. They’re the only ones with meaningful votes.

And there’s plenty of reason to suppose that those folks will fall for just about any con, no matter how clumsy.

You done Poe’d yourself again.

2 Likes

Seems like the cable industry thinks America’s on board with the whole R agenda, freedom-is-slavery thing.

They should be on board. We’re at war with Eastasia.

1 Like

In this era who knows anymore

1 Like

I think the Ministry of Truth made that perfectly clear

Because they think they have popular support behind them?

Well, if they believe that, then their trade group is severely failing them re: demographic analysis. Or they don’t believe it, hence the push-poll attempt to massage the numbers.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.