Big stores considering whether you should just keep the stuff you want to return, for free

I understand. Red Sox/Yankees rivalry is serious. Too much history. And yes (not quite as intense) is the Mets/Yankees rivalry. I’ve never been a Yankees fan, but the mug was free and would not be missed if broken, making it sacrificial. If we get a Subway WS this year, I’ll smash it beforehand as an offering to the gods. BUT… if the WS involves the Yankees with the Astros or the Dodgers… then GO, YANKEES!!!

2 Likes

A Chicago south sider has entered the chat……

People were actually surprised that I was willing to go to a Cubs game for a work event, and I’m known for not being a sportsball person.

4 Likes

There must be an app for that…

Warning: Risk of Split-thread :blush:

Still, you must be aware of the Cubs/Mets rivalry (since 1969). The one and only time I’ve ever rooted for them was in the 2016 WS. Not that I had anything against the Cleveland (then) Indians, but the Cub’s WS dry spell was too much, and I felt sympathy for the fans (not the club) when the Mets (with not a little luck) rolled over the Cubbies in the 2015 NLCS; even then, though, I knew that the Mets would not win the WS that year. Oh, well.

1 Like

So today the gas company was digging on my very narrow, private street. Something about several gas leaks.

I was expecting a large awkward package for my wife for her birthday from Amazon. Oh well, might have to wait a couple days.

I was standing outside with the neighbor watching them dig, because that never gets old, and here comes the UPS guy carrying this big box on his shoulder. I ran down to meet him and said put that down I got it from here.

No cash on me or he would have got a tip. I’ll get him next time.

6 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.