Bikini top that looks like bare breasts

That immediately gave me the horrible image of a young lady with a bikini printed with hairy male nipples…

I guess that if one were to be prosecuted for wearing such a top, if the company had indeed used “non-obscene” guy tits as the image model, you’d be in the clear.

Again, with roughly half the population having breasts, I’m still a bit agog that this bikini would be more shocking than just a weird “why doesn’t she just go topless then” comment. A sad statement about our culture really.

Or, one could get really gross and challenge the law by making a 3d printed bottom that’s not from our species.

“see judge, it’s not obscene, it’s a sheep’s/chimpanzee’s etc… vagina on there…”

(eew!)

There’s that acculturation kicking in, so much so that it affects even forward thinking people. Roughly 100% of the population has breasts.

From the wiki:

Both men and women develop breasts from the same embryological tissues. However, at puberty, female sex hormones, mainly estrogen, promote breast development which does not occur in men due to the higher amount of testosterone. As a result, women’s breasts become far more prominent than those of men.

Our society just gets worked up about those on women, for some reason. Though even in the US there were times when it was prohibited to show man boobs.

Oooh, baboon bottoms!!!

Ha! I actually had that thought, but the only way my late night addled brain could differentiate between man breasts and female breasts was to use what could have been taken as a bit of a flip phrase like “boobs” or “tits” etc…, so I used the more general term “breasts”. Of course we all have breasts (and nipples), and honestly, I think it’s more offensive to see giant overdeveloped hairy man-boobs than an average set of female boobs (sorry, that’s just my culturally developed hetero-normative size-ism kicking in).

I’m all for an “all or none” sort of legal ruling. Either we determine that, as a society, that nipples are offensive, and ban public viewing of them all (and maybe make everyone wear burkas), or agree that nipples, and the breasts they reside on are not such a fucking big deal, and maybe we should stop caring so much.

Maybe it’s a bit cynical of me, but I find that there are a lot of cases where not giving a rat’s ass is actually the solution to the problem. People cranky/critical on teh interwebz? Solution: Don’t care. Bad drivers being bad drivers? Solution: avoid them, and Don’t care.

Yeah, and if any judge/police etc… say that they’re sexually offensive in any way shape or form, we reply: “wait, this is on display to children at any zoo etc… So you’re saying that you find this sexual in nature? You find baboons vaginas sexy?..”.

I think “WhatEVAHR…” is a valid way to deal with cranky internet posters, it isn’t as useful against bad drivers who are so bad that they endanger people. Perhaps you just mean ignoring annoying or “jerk” drivers rather than getting all road ragey about them?

I saw women sunbathing topless on the beach ~20 years ago in England. The UK may be prudish compared to mainland Europe but once again the US is exceptional.

Yup. Thus the “avoid and don’t care” thing. There are way too many inconsiderate/unsafe drivers out there, and I’m not allowed to run them off the road for the greater good…

Find a need and fill it.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.