Bill from Missouri's Rep Ben Baker threatens librarians with prison sentences for allowing minors to read books banned by town committees

Good thing they have a plan. :laughing:

3 Likes

“Hello children! Welcome to Drag Queen Old Testament Story Time!”

16 Likes

Obligatory 2 Kings 2:23-24 verses are obligatory. From the NIV version:

From there Elisha went up to Bethel. As he was walking along the road, some boys came out of the town and jeered at him. “Get out of here, baldy!” they said. “Get out of here, baldy!” He turned around, looked at them and called down a curse on them in the name of the Lord. Then two bears came out of the woods and mauled forty-two of the boys.

download

13 Likes

Oh from

Yeah not surprised there. The extreme religious right runs deep in that part of the home state.

11 Likes

Why make it complicated? Organize an old fashioned book burning!

3 Likes

Hopefully this sets off the level of Streisand effect that we experienced when our local school nutcases banned “The Absolutely True Diary of a Part-Time Indian”. Became the most popular read in the library.

11 Likes

why does this guy hate freedom?

7 Likes

My favorite part of the application for enrollment to the “Ozark Bible Institute and College”:

Have you ever backslidden? _________     When reclaimed? _________

Shouldn’t it include multiple lines, allowing for multiple backslidings and multiple reclamations?

8 Likes

Sporto: What do you need a fake ID for?
Brian: So I can vote.

9 Likes

That’s a good one. Close second-place is Jephthah needing an edge in battle, so he vows to sacrifice murder the first person he sees coming out of his house (Judges 11:31), so he just has to murder his own daughter.

8 Likes

It would be wrong to have people get on these book banning committees and ban the bible and anything by a nut job right wing media personality…
Probably not wrong to flood these committees and ban nothing and revoke previous ones.

3 Likes

Don’t fuck with librarians:

Can we start with drones and missiles? That would be great.

24 Likes

I was going to go with:

7 Likes

You forgot to mention the Tasers.

5 Likes

If you don’t want your child reading something, why not take the time to talk with them about why not? Srsly, I am a facilitator of information, not a gatekeeper.

16 Likes

Yes, but an asshole FOR CHRIST!

10 Likes

He has a B.A. in BS.

I really can’t even put into words how much I intensely hate people like this. The stupidity the ignorance and the hubris is all at unmeasurable levels with this idiot.

I can’t believe this person holds elected public office, he should not even be allowed to leave his own house if this is his idea of rationality.

4 Likes

Which is such a damn shame. Awesomely beautiful country. Dad was from Garfield (pop. 67 and damned if I knew where the other 50 were).While Dad was definitely a racist, he did not teach it to us kids.

2 Likes

I like you and I like your style

1 Like

Which explains:

6 Likes