Bill from Missouri's Rep Ben Baker threatens librarians with prison sentences for allowing minors to read books banned by town committees

Or we could read the story of Lot, who offered his virgin daughters to the mob to be raped as substitutes for his visitors.

edit: And the story of how said daughters later got Lot drunk, had sex with him, and became pregnant.

5 Likes

I don’t say it enough, but librarians are my heroes.

11 Likes

“Christ what an asshole for Christ!”

3 Likes

And while we’re at it, let’s also codify

• the swear-jar-brigade,
  • the thought police,
  • the skirt-above-the-knee-patrol,
  • the American Spanish Inquisition against, Pagans, witches, and certainly ‘terrorists’
  • funds for homeless-redecorating,
  • Using AI and machine learning for Hands-above-the-Blanket
  • re-education camps for ‘troubled’
  • PSAs against the dangers of Dungeons and Dragons
  • subsidized whitening for those burdened with unsightly complexion
  • and don’t even get me started on the Indians
6 Likes

Are you sure it wasn’t in the outhouse, with his mother, while drunk on Campari?

2 Likes

The Bible is incredibly rich with all sorts of LOLtastic material! Another funny funny is Christ cursing the fig tree, here from Mark 11:12-14, NIV version:

The next day as they were leaving Bethany, Jesus was hungry. Seeing in the distance a fig tree in leaf, he went to find out if it had any fruit. When he reached it, he found nothing but leaves, because it was not the season for figs. Then he said to the tree, “May no one ever eat fruit from you again.” And his disciples heard him say it.

A hangry Jesus is a savior I can believe in!

6 Likes

Meh. Just read the Song of Solomon in a dirty trenchcoat voice.

7 Likes

Chapter 7 will do.

6 Likes

But he’s got a BAiBL from Obi - what could be wrong with that?

3 Likes

Worth noting that this guy is also angry about drag queen story hour and hails from the part of Missouri that went to war with Kansas over some runaway slaves. The Joplin area is a great candidate for a retirement reservation.

3 Likes

I sense a disturbance in The Force.

2 Likes

Oooh, obscure reference made famous again by a film with Woody Harrelson!

1 Like

It was never an obscure reference. It’s one if the single most important cases in first amendment law.

2 Likes

During the Occupy movement, I marched with a sign that said “When librarians are marching, you know things are messed up.” I can’t tell you how much love I got from everyone we passed. There’s nobody who doesn’t like librarians & if this guy takes them on I think he will be sorry. The only person who didn’t love my sign was the librarian I marched with, who said, “Actually that’s not true…librarians have always been marching in the vanguard of civil rights movements.”

6 Likes

If your defense, I believe librarians marching for civil rights is 100% congruent with, “when librarians are marching, you know things are messed up.”

9 Likes

Aside from the positively trumpian level of (il)literacy displayed by the text in that form, I’m shocked, shocked, I say, that they allow applications from divorced persons.
Almost as shocked as how many stupid adverts this page has that can’t even be served promptly.

1 Like

200w (2)

2 Likes

Right-wing asshole trivia time:
Senator McCarthy (yes, that one) flunked Ozarc Bible College.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.