Bill Nye cuts a rug

[Permalink]

2 Likes

Iā€™ve never watched the show. Do we have to wait a week to find out if the viewing audience saved his chance of advancing?

1 Like

You donā€™t have to watch ā€“ you can vote 12 times on facebook, 12 times at abc and 12 times via phone.

Uh.

so Iā€™ve been toldā€¦

4 Likes

heā€™s blinding her with science! :smiley:

Come on, it had to be said. I think she likes him.

4 Likes

If he doesnā€™t get at least 1 date out of this with all that strong game, then there is no hope for nerds.

4 Likes

I believe swing dance is one of Bill Nyeā€™s primary hobbies. My wife went to a monthly swing-dancing get-together when we lived in Pasadena and we would often see him there; there was usually a long line of Caltech and JPL women in their 20s looking to get a dance with him.

8 Likes

How crappy is it that the female judge made a point of breaking with the other judges to praise Bill, even calling him ā€œthe heart of the showā€, and then rated him a measly 5?

2 Likes

Are you serious?? I lived in Pasadena for like 8 years and I had no idea I could have snagged a dance with BILL NYE.

3 Likes

When Iā€™m dancing close to her
I can smell the chemicals

Looks like heā€™s got dancingā€¦

ā€¢_ā€¢)
( ā€¢_ā€¢)>āŒā– -ā– 
(āŒā– _ā– )

ā€¦down to a science

6 Likes

Heā€™s poetry

ā€¢ā€¢)
( ā€¢
ā€¢)>āŒā– -ā– 
(āŒā– _ā– )

In motion.

2 Likes

Good Heavensā€™s Miss Strecklein, youā€™re beautiful!

Speaking as a former competitive ballroom dancer, Iā€™m afraid that Bill Nye isnā€™t very good. His technique is terrible, footwork sloppy, and his steps are much too big for cha cha. It looks like heā€™s an ok social dancer and he knows how to lead, but that doesnā€™t necessarily translate to competition, especially for something like cha cha, which requires snap and precision. In social swing, you can be pretty loose, and heā€™s clearly used to that and hasnā€™t figured out the control that cha cha requires.

Itā€™ll be interesting to see if he does any better at the Standard dances - waltz, tango, foxtrot, quickstep, and Viennese.

Also, he was creepy at his partner in the opening segments, with that ā€œsexual tension and evolutionā€ comment. Ick.

1 Like

Not that I ever watched the silly show, but he isnā€™t exactly going up against Astaire and Rogers.

The only thing youā€™ve ever smelled is chemicals. Unless itā€™s an olfactory hallucination, but thatā€™s other chemicals making you think you smelled a chemical. Sorry. Pet peeve.

1 Like

Iā€™m a bit disappointed that they are going with the Jerry Lewis version of a ā€œscientist.ā€ Hopefully theyā€™ll let that go if he continues in the series.

1 Like

I didnā€™t think it was possible to love that man any more than I already do. Dang, I got palpitations.

They gotta get Neil Tyson next season.

3 Likes

you FOOLS! donā€™t you understand, this is OUR CHANCE for geeks and nerds and science LOVERS to absolutely stack the deck, load the voting, and beat out those smarmy drama-dance-athletes once and for all! Vote early, vote often, set up scripts to e-vote!

2 Likes

looks like we need to vote on mondays