Bill O'Reilly: Slaves who built White House were "well-fed and had decent lodgings provided by the government"

Originally published at: http://boingboing.net/2016/07/27/bill-oreilly-slaves-who-bui.html

8 Likes

Cattle are well-fed and have decent lodgings provided by the farmer.

Needless to say, there are other things at steak here.

71 Likes

The words that come out of that man’s mouth are less likely to be useful than the words of a random toddler.

34 Likes

39 Likes

Why is he still allowed to talk in public?

21 Likes

Apparently slavery was so great that it had to be abolished before all the white people volunteered to switch places with the slaves.

65 Likes

So. . . slavery isn’t so bad? When conservatives equate Obamacare with slavery they’re saying it’s. . . not so bad?

Do I have this right?

Do these idiots ever consider the implications of their nonsense?

37 Likes

No no no no no. That’s just the White House building slaves. The rest of the slaves had it hard, like, Obamacare hard.

35 Likes

You know, I would be inclined to ask O’Reilly how he knows this. Has he researched it? I wouldn’t demand graduate-level work, but chain letters don’t count. It’s not possible he’s just running his mouth, is it?

19 Likes

Because no one has surgically removed his vocal cords yet?

15 Likes

How does this joke still have a damn job?

16 Likes

is it too late for this?

this gif should not be this useful, but I guess I have to remind myself it is the inertnet.

26 Likes

Never.

11 Likes

And we know how the slave owners treated their chattel…

9 Likes

Video not available for some reason, and goddamn it too, because I love K&P.

9 Likes

“Slavery wasn’t so bad” is a common kind of dog-whistling among right-wing racists like O’Reilly.

“Oh, they gave you food and shelter! Something not everyone of that time had, don’tchaknow!”

If Trump wins the election, I imagine someone is going to float the idea of indentured servitude for debtors or criminals or something, because it’s “better than Welfare!”

20 Likes

May have seen this on BB but not sure … This is great stuff.

35 Likes

HuMERicaaaaa
Best f*#%in slave quarters on the PlaHEnet oh yeaaaaaaaarrrrrrr

1 Like

It was such a sweet deal that he dreams of his children one day being slaves.

Christ, what an asshole!

24 Likes

Apparently O’Reilly hasn’t gotten the memo that dog whistles are no longer necessary…

21 Likes