Bill O'Reilly sums up American history perfectly in two tweets, doesn't realize it

What a well-spoken gentleman.

3 Likes

He used to be the weatherman in Scranton, Pa.

12 Likes

1 Like

Is this like when Sean Hannity did a “gotcha” on Bernie Sanders?

“OMG, Bernie thinks migrants are human beings, guys! How outrageous!”

34 Likes

Even a broken toilet is right once in a while.

14 Likes

I have read and re-read his tweets a few time and I STILL don’t get what he thinks his point is. Anyone have a clue what he is TRYING to argue? (Other than ‘left = stupid and bad’, I mean. What is his actual argument, here?)

4 Likes

He’s saying reparations reinforce the victim mentality that keeps people from getting ahead in the world.

8 Likes

Things that are considered self-evident on Fox:

1. The founding fathers were noble men who fought against tyranny. Slavery was just something everybody did back then, and we cannot hold it against them.
  2. If you commit a crime, you should be punished.
  3. Black folks commit more crimes than white folks. That is why so many go to jail.
  4. The left wing looks for any excuse to call people racist and say the crimes of criminals were not their fault because of X, Y Z reasons.
  5. Point 4 the left wing does as a cynical play for votes and political leverage.

All, did I miss any?

20 Likes

Sometimes, even a malicious idiot like Bill O’Reilly says something pure and true and correct.

7 Likes

There is an abdication of responsibility on the part of whites. When you cause great harm you have a responsibility to make amends.

9 Likes

“Right-wing idiot has unintentional and unrecognized epiphany” continues to be my favorite brand of tweet.

24 Likes

I wonder if, when he got to the end of writing it, he actually realized, “y’know, maybe there’s something to this “left” thing…”

2 Likes

16 Likes

As comedians I really don’t find the Wayans funny, but as human beings they are pretty awesome!

2 Likes

On top of that, the whole point of systemic racism is to ensure that raclialised people can never achieve equality through “hard work” and “personal responsibility” as individuals…This is what O’Reilly almost understands but refuses to believe when he talks about the “curtain of oppression”.

12 Likes

" … the legacy of slavery dropped a curtain of oppression on the black race…"

A curtain? I disagree with that. The thing dropped was a 1000 ton weight of oppression.

15 Likes

Exactly my reaction

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/rush-limbaugh-consent_n_57fee9aae4b0e8c198a6076d

3 Likes

Yeah this is real /r/SelfAwareWolves fodder.

2 Likes

Yeah, he’s a dumb piece of shit alright. But this is only a “self-own” from the point of view of people who already knew that. From the point of view of his followers this is – by definition – to be applauded just like anything else he says. If one percent of his audience just gave up on him, the other 99 percent just doubled down even further on their opposition to reality.

The only way Bill O’Reilly saying something could be a positive would be if he took a vow of silence.

3 Likes

And, lest we forget; history books, he writes them.

7 Likes