Billionaire Beach Villain Vinod Khosla has a thought concerning Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/01/14/billionaire-beach-villain-vino.html

14 Likes

Where’s that old man yells at cloud image?

35 Likes

Being competent in one skill does not insure a more global competence or understanding.

The Carson Rule needs to be formalized.

16 Likes

35 Likes

Does anyone care what this asshole thinks?

peaky-blinders-tommy-trying-to-find

37 Likes

Normally i’d opt to not give people like this more exposure but that would be to his benefit. in this case i’m ok with shining an unflattering light on this sad excuse of a person.

9 Likes

Rule 34 means there is now a ton of ship fiction online written by pervy Republicans involving Alexandra Ocasio-Cortez

2 Likes

You can have an engineering degree and claim to be an expert, but then find out you were hacked by someone who was just screwing around.

14 Likes

21 Likes

This is “old man wondering if he can buy clouds to keep other people from yelling at them.”

Given that AOC won here district the old-fashioned way–literally walking door to door to talk to everyone–she’s probably got the ‘understands actual humans’ thing down okay.

34 Likes

Thanks for removing all doubt that you are a world class schmuck Vinod.

18 Likes

They should rename the beach in his honor: Beach Bitch Beach.

9 Likes

First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.

Misattributed to Ghandi (but describing his views), this quote summarises the response to AOC from all these old conservative men. They’re at the laughing stage right now, but statements like Khosla’s reek of fear.

22 Likes

Khosla has a plan to 3D-print little houses for homeless people.

So, he represents the BoingBoing party?

4 Likes

Christ, what an asshole.

11 Likes

33 Likes

It’s a nice phrase, whoever said it, but it’s also been used too often to defend idiotic positions.

But the fact that some geniuses were laughed at does not imply that all who are laughed at are geniuses. They laughed at Columbus, they laughed at Fulton, they laughed at the Wright Brothers. But they also laughed at Bozo the Clown.
– Carl Sagan

16 Likes

26 Likes

I’m actually very certain she understands people a lot better than he does. He’s pretty much a walking definition of “out of touch.”

14 Likes

I’m all for shining the brightest light possible on the idiocy of over-funded morons. I believe it is necessary (but hardly sufficient) to finally get the bulk of humanity on board with the realization that wealth does not imply any particular virtue, nor poverty any particular vice, if we are to save ourselves from late-stage capitalism. I’m skeptical we even can, but that’s just because I don’t myself have an answer. I imagine Middle Ages serfs were skeptical that anything could ever supplant feudalism too. If we as a species can get over belief in the literal divinity of the “great and the good” then surely we can get over the idea that a huge pile of money makes someone smarter, more virtuous or more credible than anyone else.

This is extra important in the US, where “money means God loves you” is one of our bedrock myths.

17 Likes